Pod Your Reef

Daves Nano Box Drop Off Lagoon : New Start

DaveFason

year's about to end soon so let's get all the bad out of the way and start the year fresh. mad props to you for having a great attitude over the whole thing.

As for insurance, my brother-in-law works for Allstate, and he does all our insurance for car / home / etc. I will never go back to insurance without an agent I can trust. It's their job to make sure you are well covered when disaster happens.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in a whole, this has been a terrible week. We are keeping our heads up and will power through it.

With all the bad stuff that has gone on at least our dogs still make us smile. Who does not like a good dog photo! Max, six months.

22756244997_57363e2d31_c.jpgmax6months by Dave Fason, on Flickr

-Dave

Sorry for you troubles Dave, that is big hit. A friend of mine in LA had her truck stolen right out of our secure parking garage. They actually ended up recovering without any damage it just took about a month to find. Hang in there!

At least you have a pup to keep yah happy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I woke up early today to do some work on the tank. Steve sent me two InTank baskets and an Eheim 600 pump to replace the stock IM pump. I wanted to fit the Tunze skimmer in the tank.

• Remove old IM pump
  • Pull Split line from old pump and make a single return
  • Put new Eheim and hose in place
  • Install Tunze Skimmer

Everything worked out great and is already skimming away! Nice to know I can feed the tank more. I had some paleness on the SPS and a few other corals and simply needed to get more junk in the tank.

Snapped a few early morning shots.

Clam, Tri- Color SPS and Stylo - The small Stylo is nearly impossible to photograph. It is a light color base with neon pink polyps.

23048799054_bbc6f64f1c_z.jpgclamsps by Dave Fason, on Flickr

UC Favia and Raptors Coral :

23594473981_d46b20212e_z.jpgraptorandfavia by Dave Fason, on Flickr

My small softie/LPS back corner. I have a HUGE neon leather, frogspawn and OG ORA Duncan. Duncan is now eight years old!

23676947315_3e9f6ebbc1_z.jpgfrogdunleather by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Saving for the Sony 90mm macro. :D

-Dave

I will find an old photo for you.

The shots now look BEAUTIFUL! I would like to see a pic of the clam without the blues just normal base color.

I am having to much fun with this tank. Hoping to pick up a few fish, monti caps and looking for a frag of WWC bizzaro. I attached my manual 75mm and added two extension tubes to get some fun macros.

UC Favia : True blue centers. I can not get enough of this!

23099891473_1cfae1bb53_z.jpgUCfavia by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Setosa & Blue Acro :

23098853754_2a7ab3d784_z.jpgsetosablue by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Frogspawn : A little blown out

23700892416_07cabc5861_z.jpgfrogspawn by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Tri-Color Acro : Loving this coral along with its coloration.

23098837824_fe2d94a8e4_z.jpgtricolormacro by Dave Fason, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

I rented the Sony 90mm macro lens to play around with. Unreal the difference that this makes however I need practice shooting this way. Christmas was wondering and much needed RR. I had a couple hours to spare and snapped a few day shots of the tank. Colors are pretty darn accurate.

Sunrise Acans : So sexy

23715464550_15ccb56f70_z.jpgsunrisedec2015 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Jason Fox Somethingoranother : In a shaded spot

23902942812_85900b6c9a_z.jpgjasonfoxdev2015 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Tri-Color Acro :

23715459340_e0e6c7317b_z.jpgtricolordec2015top by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Raptors :

23715470370_1a38df3ff1_z.jpgraptorsdec2015 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Blue with yellow coralites : This is hard to capture how blue and yellow it really is. I tucked this in between a small space and basing great!

23928657951_fca5be4ff8_z.jpgblueyellowUCmacro by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Duncan :

23715495120_e31d771af4_z.jpgdunconmacro by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Non-Reef fun.

New puppy macro shot :

23715483490_2a73e47fe7_z.jpgmaxmacroeye by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Thirteen year old Boston :

23715502740_f6eee291f5_z.jpgcharliesmile2015 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Thanks! A little bit of patience and normal reef keeping and you will be fine.

Nice dogs and corals! Hopefully your lights will allow me to get my corals to look as amazing as yours.

Thanks Hype. Really want to pick this 90mm up but $1050 right now maybe harder to swing. I also have a metabones adaptor that works with EF Canon glass.... Hmmmm

Awesome shots Dave!

Thanks. We love those guys too. I hate to say it but our older Boston is getting very old. Hoping to have another year with him.

Looks good sir love the dog!

Thanks Mirya!

Love it Dave!

Thank you. My wife and I love them.

Love the pics and Bostons!

Thanks! A little bit of patience and normal reef keeping and you will be fine.

Thanks Hype. Really want to pick this 90mm up but $1050 right now maybe harder to swing. I also have a metabones adaptor that works with EF Canon glass.... Hmmmm

Thanks. We love those guys too. I hate to say it but our older Boston is getting very old. Hoping to have another year with him.

Thanks Mirya!

Thank you. My wife and I love them.

I hope you get at least another year too sir. Dogs are proof a higher power wants us happy lol
  • 2 weeks later...

Dave, Would you be able to snap a shot of the back chambers and how its set up now. Also you mentioned only running one pump, it that working out well ?

Dave, Would you be able to snap a shot of the back chambers and how its set up now. Also you mentioned only running one pump, it that working out well ?

I will take one tonight for you. When looking at the tank I have...

• InTank Basket - Floss and Carbon
  • Blank Spot
  • Tunze 9001 ( This is were the second tube used to be )
  • Eheim 600 Pump
  • Heater
  • InTank Basket - Floss X2

-Dave

I will take one tonight for you. When looking at the tank I have...

• InTank Basket - Floss and Carbon
  • Blank Spot
  • Tunze 9001 ( This is were the second tube used to be )
  • Eheim 600 Pump
  • Heater
  • InTank Basket - Floss X2

-Dave

i have something similar to your set-up, i just want to eliminate the extra intake n just have one.

Archived