SaltCritters.com

Daves Nano Box Drop Off Lagoon : New Start

DaveFason

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks good. no fish yet?

Just a single Wyoming white. I am going back to my roots on this tank. Looked back at my old 35g and will mimic as much as I can. I will go with a six line and maybe a few gobies. I would love to get a few more clams as well.

Love it. My only complaint is after a restart it takes ~ 1 full day for micro bubbles to stop.

how do you like that skimmer dave?

Nope. I have to mad the pump in the back section to fit it.

The 9001 doesn't fit Dave?

Looks great Dave! I won one of the 50 g lagoons. Does it look like the skimmer will fit in the back with some work? Oh yeah will the duo work or is the quad going to be needed?

I feel dumb but I did not know that you had a tank too. I only thought that you made awesome lights! It will be fun to watch your tank mature.

You will love it. The 50 Lagoon is amazing. I would have gone with that but decided I could relate to more people on this forum with the 25. I will also have a Versa 42 being set up soon from CAD. :)

Looks great Dave! I won one of the 50 g lagoons. Does it look like the skimmer will fit in the back with some work? Oh yeah will the duo work or is the quad going to be needed?

It was heavy blue with during that photo period. I will get a few more natural shots this weekend.

Looks great! Just blue on for those shots?

This tank has made me love reefing again. After attending a few shows and hanging with some fellow reef nuts I am back. So far the SPS and others are looking amazing and healthy.

For those looking at the Lagoon series here are my pros and cons.

Pros :

• Dimensions are perfect. With the industry going with more shallow tanks this fits it perfect. The depth is fun to play with and allows for your creativity to go wild.
  • Glass and seams are done very well for such a budget friendly tank.
  • Stand matches the look perfectly. I do have a few issues with it that are listed below
  • Dual returns from the pump. This helps disperse the flow rather than one nozzle going hard.

Cons :

• Stand - The make and build just feels cheaper than IKEA. I have NO fear of anything happening to the stand just that the make and look is a little to "cheap". Of course you are getting a stand for ~ $300?
  • Return pump - Noisy is this day and age
  • Back chambers - I wish they were larger. I understand they want people using there stuff but why not offer to a broader audience?
  • Filter socks - Maybe make the sock part removable? Easier to clean. Either way I am going with InTank stuff!

Looking at picking up a Tamron 90mm or the new Sony 90mm for Macro and product photos. So possibly some new shots here soon.

-Dave

Very nice build Dave, I hope to set up a nano for my girlfriend after my tank is up and running and established. The lagoon, IM fusion and red sea reefer nano are the tanks im looking at. Right now i think the nano is what im leaning towards so i can have a sump. Might even order a tide/duo to go over it when the time comes :)

P.S. The ATI retro you did for me is working wonderfully. Appreciate it.

You will love it. The 50 Lagoon is amazing. I would have gone with that but decided I could relate to more people on this forum with the 25. I will also have a Versa 42 being set up soon from CAD. :)

It was heavy blue with during that photo period. I will get a few more natural shots this weekend.

This tank has made me love reefing again. After attending a few shows and hanging with some fellow reef nuts I am back. So far the SPS and others are looking amazing and healthy.

For those looking at the Lagoon series here are my pros and cons.

Pros :

• Dimensions are perfect. With the industry going with more shallow tanks this fits it perfect. The depth is fun to play with and allows for your creativity to go wild.
  • Glass and seams are done very well for such a budget friendly tank.
  • Stand matches the look perfectly. I do have a few issues with it that are listed below
  • Dual returns from the pump. This helps disperse the flow rather than one nozzle going hard.
Cons :
  • Stand - The make and build just feels cheaper than IKEA. I have NO fear of anything happening to the stand just that the make and look is a little to "cheap". Of course you are getting a stand for ~ $300?
  • Return pump - Noisy is this day and age
  • Back chambers - I wish they were larger. I understand they want people using there stuff but why not offer to a broader audience?
  • Filter socks - Maybe make the sock part removable? Easier to clean. Either way I am going with InTank stuff!
Looking at picking up a Tamron 90mm or the new Sony 90mm for Macro and product photos. So possibly some new shots here soon.

-Dave

Hey Dave, curious how high above the water is your duo? Also, you mind sharing with us what you are running your duo at on this tank? Settings/channels etc. I have a tank with similar depth so I would find this info helpful as I have still been tinkering a lot with the light and the levels.

Thanks!!

Hey Dave, curious how high above the water is your duo? Also, you mind sharing with us what you are running your duo at on this tank? Settings/channels etc. I have a tank with similar depth so I would find this info helpful as I have still been tinkering a lot with the light and the levels.

Thanks!!

I second this and also agree Dave with your Cons about IM tanks.

Thanks!!

I am currently running a DUO with four channels. The unit is ~4-5" above the water line.

• Blue/Cyan - 80%
  • Royal Blue - 75%
  • Violet - 90%
  • Whites - 60%

I have the a blue dominated tank for ~3 hours, blast of light for 5 hours and then blue dominated at night.

-Dave

Archived