Top Shelf Aquatics

Kimber's tank is getting swapped!

kimberbee

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice video!! What are you using for flow in there?

Stock pump and rw-4 on 2nd speed.

I may add a small koralia somehow to boost flow behind the rocks, but I'd also want it somehow angled towards the sps rock too....

We worked outside pretty much the whole weekend. Saturday we cleaned out the garage and Sunday we cleaned up the yard.

This is my blank canvas. I get to do whatever I want to the front, as long as I take care of it. I can't wait to start planting!

26364804280_c6acd931de_z.jpg

NICE! Look into some Peonies!! :wub: They are a Perennial and very pretty and they also smell quite pretty too.

OH! The possibilities! B)

EDIT:

http://peonysenvy.com/peonycatalog.html

My mom had peonies when I was a kid. I remember having to tie them up whenever they bloomed though or they would fall.

I have a few ideas in mind... Hibiscus, lilies, some tall grasses maybe. My only restriction is no bushes. He removed about 20 bushes when he first moved in... Spider havens!

My mom had peonies when I was a kid. I remember having to tie them up whenever they bloomed though or they would fall.

I have a few ideas in mind... Hibiscus, lilies, some tall grasses maybe. My only restriction is no bushes. He removed about 20 bushes when he first moved in... Spider havens!

OH The Possibilities!!! Look at the Triple Hibiscus ;) I live in SW FloriDuh, we have some Hibiscus growing in our landscape.

Lilies are very nice! Have u thought of Iris? I Like These.

http://www.brecks.com/category/s?keyword=Black+Iris

But..here is the Link to picking out some nice stuff.

http://www.brecks.com/category/Iris_Perennial_Plants/a

We worked outside pretty much the whole weekend. Saturday we cleaned out the garage and Sunday we cleaned up the yard.

This is my blank canvas. I get to do whatever I want to the front, as long as I take care of it. I can't wait to start planting!

*snip*

post-83928-0-80995800-1461775844_thumb.jpg

fingerscrossed

About 15'x3'x2' should do it. B)

attachicon.gif26364804280_c6acd931de_z.jpg

fingerscrossed

About 15'x3'x2' should do it. B)

Oh, the thought crossed my mind, definitely! However, there is no electrical out to the front, other than the porch light. I think I will stick to plants the first couple years and consider a small pond in the future. :happy:

how about some hydrangeas?

I'm meh on hydrangeas.

I'm thinking hibiscus, lilies, silver mound, and some sort of phlox I found that comes as a little bush with pink and white flowers.

I kind of want a flowering small tree, but I'm not sure what my options would be. Purple leaf sand cherry looks cute, but it's more bush-y than tree-like.

Oh. I wonder if there is a pretty vine-like flower that I can grow up the sides of the railings? It would have to be something that gets cut back every fall though. Otherwise it would look really overgrown and messy over the winter...

Wow, those are both perfect! Not too short, not too tall! Thanks!

Google is my Friend :)

You just gave me the Keywords to Google B):P

Oh. I wonder if there is a pretty vine-like flower that I can grow up the sides of the railings? It would have to be something that gets cut back every fall though. Otherwise it would look really overgrown and messy over the winter...

A Rambling Rose ;)B)

http://www.waysidegardens.com/vines-climbers/c/WG_VinesClimbers/

26364804280_c6acd931de_z.jpg

O wow, that would be so much fun. A vine like flower that is very pretty is Clematis. You shouldn't cut the vines down though. I like Astibe if the area gets any shade. Another nice perennial is Silvia and it attracts nectar insects. Thats not a good thing if you are alergic to bee stings however. Foxglove and blackeyed susans are nice bi-annuals.

Sun corals!!

26693205175_d48b7102da_z.jpg

26693206815_fcc26525fc_z.jpg

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I really don't feed these guys more than once or twice a week. Gonna try to get better about that... :blush:

kimberbee

1 month since the move:

26186761404_1264e2b49b_z.jpg

And a new gorg I wasn't sure was going to make it. Very surprised to see it regrew all the missing flesh!

26725078061_9456c79bb9_z.jpg

Archived