inTank Media Baskets

VIDEO: The Best Ways to Cycle Your Reef Tank

Marine Depot

The last 3 tanks I have setup (including my coral farm and display) I have cycled each in 14days using the Zeovit cycle method & dry rock. Works wonderfully.

Not a bad video... I usually hesitate to give specific (or even general) time frames though because there's so much variability in live rock (and dry rock) purchases... I've seen rock so fully cured that there will be virtually no die off and I've seen rock that looks like it's only been curing a week. If I were to let the former sit in my tank for 4-6 weeks it would likely be counter-productive.

So anyways, while it's a good beginner video I think it it would be more beneficial for everyone if they also took the time to fully understand how the nitrogen cycle (and other influencing "cycles") works and learn better how they impact our aquariums vs. simply following a certain method to cycle their tank. In short it's all about understanding the situation and knowing how to move forward.

The last 3 tanks I have setup (including my coral farm and display) I have cycled each in 14days using the Zeovit cycle method & dry rock. Works wonderfully.

Thank you for your insight! A topic this important is definitely something we'll return to in the future so it helps to hear feedback like this. Also, I really like your logo.

while it's a good beginner video I think it it would be more beneficial for everyone if they also took the time to fully understand how the nitrogen cycle (and other influencing "cycles") works and learn better how they impact our aquariums vs. simply following a certain method to cycle their tank. In short it's all about understanding the situation and knowing how to move forward.

Thank you for watching and weighing in! We included a link to an infographic and short article in the video description about the nitrogen cycle so viewers can dig deeper.

Archived