Cultivated Reef

25 Gallon Lagoon Non-Photo Tank

Funkateer_1

Hey NR,

I recently moved to Seattle and sold the Zeo setup and got myself an IM 25 Lagoon with the 'Miami Coke Dealer' white laminate stand. Here are some pictures....

6r4qqx.jpg

290u3pk.jpg

Leaving the reactor on the front for a few days until I dial in flow

ml3vxg.jpg

Cord managment getting there. I saved my Libra so that will go on the right down the road.

2088ih1.jpg

I got the im desktop. It works ok actually. Its literally the only option that will fit. I tried the tunze 9001, 04, and IM midsize... no luck.

I was thinking of getting the Aquamax hob1

I thought about it too. I hung the display one at AW off the back and it looked way to funky chicken for me

looking good,love the scape.

how do you like the nano reactor? I was thinking of getting two for my tank.

They work OK. They're a little tricky to dial in the flow, especially with so little pellets. Luckily its easy to breakdown so you can clean it out often.

A little bit more about the tank.

- I replaced the stock return with an RLSS DC 2500. I keep it on the lowest setting and its blasting out. It is absolutely silent and has a nice feed mode.

- I'm using 50mL of All in One pellets. I'll see how it goes. I'm keeping just soft coral and some rare fish I brought with me from SD. I am dosing 2 drops of Zeobak daily to seed the pellets.

- I have a Tunze 6040 for flow.

Here are some more pictures:

143pafp.jpg

2e202rs.jpg

2iv0903.jpg

2aq5jm.jpg

Nice. I like the scape. When did you move?

I moved about 2 weeks ago. Im still in the industry though, I'm managing a nice reef shop up here called Barrier Reef Aquariums.

If you don't mind the sight of it, the AquaMaxx HOB-1 fits perfectly and does an awesome job.

Ya i dry fit one on there. Great skimmer that I've used before but I hate how it looks on this tank.

I've been laying on the probiotics pretty heavy to start this tank and get my livestock back in there. I woke up this morning and my tank looked like kombucha tea. Bacteria films everywhere. I guess the Zeobak is working lol :lol:

t6ryhd.jpg

Let me know how you will fit the reactor in the back chambers. The clamp that it comes with it is too narrow to clip onto the thicker back glass of the tank. I'm currently just popping the reactor in there without the clip hanger.

Let me know how you will fit the reactor in the back chambers. The clamp that it comes with it is too narrow to clip onto the thicker back glass of the tank. I'm currently just popping the reactor in there without the clip hanger.

Mine clips to the front. Not ideal, but it works just fine.

21bu8f6.jpg

My biggest complaint with the IM 25 (aside from the flimsy MDF stand and bad door magnets) is the fact that they didn't use the IM 40 filter profile. IME this one is too small. The Desktop Ghost Skimmer is literally the only skimmer that fits. With the Reactor, skimmer, larger DC pump, Osmolator, and the caddies, there isn't even any room for my heater. Its in my display hidden behind the rocks.

I have my heater in the same chamber as the reactor.

You have a cobalt? I use a finnex TI and they are much bigger unfortunately.

I moved about 2 weeks ago. Im still in the industry though, I'm managing a nice reef shop up here called Barrier Reef Aquariums.

Wow and you went with the lagoon :) They are nice tanks but what about the Elos.....

Been up there once to visit the store and it is a great place! Might have to head north for the anniversary sale....

Tank looks good with the scape! And I agree on the stand. Not sure why but seems like there are no really nice factory stands out there.

Wow and you went with the lagoon :) They are nice tanks but what about the Elos.....

Been up there once to visit the store and it is a great place! Might have to head north for the anniversary sale....

Tank looks good with the scape! And I agree on the stand. Not sure why but seems like there are no really nice factory stands out there.

Elos is nice. I sold my beloved 2x150w Planet II before I moved up here. I'm gonna miss that light :(

The tank is really just to hold my clowns and Plesiops. I wanted something small and easy to move if need be. Here's the link to my old tank. It was a 50g low iron Visio. Craftsmanship blows Elos out of the water IME.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/325560-50g-zeovit-tank/

I'd love to meet you if you come up for the sale. Should be a hoot and lots to raffle off. My names Marc, I'll be there.

Reintroduced my clowns and a Long-Tentacle Anemone.

2m5fou0.jpg

29kzw3d.jpg

Put some Hypnea and Nitophylum to help get some biodiversity and pods going.

2r5pxrc.jpg

Dosing pump getting there. Vessels filled and just waiting on some more RODI tubing.

r9qz2d.jpg

What is your daily evaporation rate?

It's pretty low. Maybe a gallon a week?

I have the osmolator hooked up but not running yet. I need more tubing.

Archived