Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

jaynkeel

So after relocating to warm central Florida from Nys I knew a bigger tank was in my future. As always full of life is my plan, no sterile tank here. The good with the bad....

Equipment:

Red Sea reefer 350

Kessil A360 W E series

Gyre 150

Apex Gold

Bubble Magus curve 5

Jebao dc 3000 return pump

Finnex titanium heater

80 lbs caarribsea sand

130 lbs Tampa bay saltwater live rock

This has been a work in progress since a few weeks ago, last week drove down to Tampa to pickup my live rock from Richard at Tampa bay, and for the record the live rock arranging was done while tank was completely clouded over but I think I pulled it off especially with all the caves.

Pictures

image_zps98wglhq6.jpeg

image_zpsj5upsuqe.jpeg

image_zpst6yee5ip.jpeg

image_zps0y5psa60.jpeg

image_zpsvb1x7mti.jpeg

image_zpsotvprqlr.jpeg

image_zpsbiaauzmm.jpeg

image_zps5pb7ej75.jpeg

Wow I love this setup. The rock looks great quality and the Rockwork came out great! What are your stocking plans

I would love to try to stay focused and keep it Florida waters but I know I will stray with fish selection and some corals eventually. Impulse buys etc. happens every time lol. But thanks for the look

Very very nice, clean setup. Love them Reefers!

It's my first one but gotta say, i love it. Aside from the sad attempt of a top off res the damn thing is perfect and silent!

So tonight I figured I would do the ultra messy job of removing the sand dust that settled over the entire sump to avoid future problems and dust storms when in there. This would also give me a chance to power Down the return pump and see how things level out in a no power situation, and pleased with the results. 45 min later and a shop vac full of crud and we are squeaky clean. Uhhh as a side note my iPad seems to not want to type normal ever since latest update so might be a few till my next post, sick of fighting with this keyboard...

The way it is on the pallet you have to assemble the cabinet. The trucking bill listed the total weight as 350 lbs. either way it is a heavy beast for sure, I only had 4 in step up into house so wasn't to bad, kinda tight hall though , 3 people would be better but 2 can do it as long as you do t have far to go up or funky halls etc. you'll be glad when it's in place lol

Oh yeah. The picture I posted is the entire thing on one pallet. Tank with the stand on one side of it, so you can build the stand then move the tank, not move the tank to get to stand which works out pretty good. I hate moving things twice lol

So does the ATO actually work or is the gravity fed a fail?

Haven't even hooked it up yet, my 2 yr old son takes a shine to it and they engineered it so it wobbles at least when empty. Like they forgot to add a lip on the side facing the skimmer well. Might fill and try this week but I am not sure if it will work out in my house...

Does yours wobble though like it don't sit right? I did notice an extra thick glob of silicone on mine that removal might help on the front corner of the sump, but it seems like it lacks support on the inside edge of the sump

u sure that's not the model number??? hahahaha

Honestly that's what the Bol said,

image_zpsj7ou4fpv.jpeg

Lol who knows!

Does yours wobble though like it don't sit right? I did notice an extra thick glob of silicone on mine that removal might help on the front corner of the sump, but it seems like it lacks support on the inside edge of the sump

I think this was addressed to me... lol.

Mine sits level with no wobbling. I'll go back and take a look to see if I have that glob of silicone like you do, but I haven't noticed any issue.

So apparently there is a slight learning curve to the gyre. Couldn't figure out why on pulse or constant the left cage felt like it was hardly putting out any flow. So after playing around with the cages etc adjusting deflection with no increase. I forgot and left it pointing down, then proceeded to try out the alternating mode, forgetting I left the setting for reverse on about 3/4 full speed. Yep now I have a nice cloudy tank. So never uderestimate the power of the gyre I guess. All this just after a few days ago emptying my sump and shop vacing out the initial debris from filling and making everything squeaky clean... It's gonna be a long weekend.

I did the 1 five gallon bucket at a time rodi fill up, so it was a 2 day leak test done ultra slow lol.i wasn't too worried as theses tanks are built damn solid.

Archived