ReefCleaners.org

back in the game..Shanes 30L

Bullitt3478

So was running a 80 gallon shallow reef for a little over two years, decided i wanted to take a break from the hobby and sold eveything. well turns out i didnt really want to take a break , I just wanted to downsize a little. two weeks after the 80 sold i was back on the hunt again. This is what i wound up with after my first trip to the lfs.

b5560911-9f99-4472-a0e3-d2b7c8fe9f84.jpg

contents are as follows, pic shows a radion xr15 pro with rms arm, that was returned shortly after the picture and exchganged for a xr30 pro and rms mount. the 120 degree lenses are on order now also as we i write this.

innovative marine 30l

Radion xr30 pro

RMS mount

Aqua gadget ghost skimmer

mp10 QD

custo built stand ( someone on this page deserves credit for the design) i just need to research who it was.

20 lbs live sand

Micro bactar7

28 lbs dry rock

Stand build photos, did some distressing after the final paint coat to give it a weathered look . I'll be posting more pics as I go , Just wanted to get this build thread started and share my progress so far.

66c752f7-97ec-41a6-9b7e-4fdf54e66389.jpg

ac799a04-f1d2-4f39-bb59-f7c2711af521.jpg

image_2.jpg[/url

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_8.jpg

image_11.jpg

Thanks guys, the light is running a low percentage but yes the spread is better than it seems in pics, but I will say this the xr30 pro needs the 120 degree lenses on this tank in my opinion. It spotlights a little at only 9" above the water in the 13" deep tank. Sides get light but it's far less than the center area. I have the lenses ordered and should be here Tuesday.

This is the link for the stand, I used a lot of his ideas and some of my own, made my own doors etc but the framework came from him. I have about $150 in the stand as it sits. In my opinion far better than the ikea type stand IM sells for 300$

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/361791-chons-fusion-30l-mr-aqua-6-gallon/

Thanks Man, saw your stand and wanted something very similar, honestly I really want to try some sps in this one, my 80 was a mixed reef but very little sps, maybe time for some sticks.. By the way I coulda used a door schematic on the stand build you did....lol they were the hardest part but they turned out pretty cool I think

• 3 weeks later...

It has 120 optics and the rms mount is fixed on height, no adjustment. I'm in an apartment so I can't hang anything from the walls or ceiling so the rms mount will do. None of the pics above are with the 120 optics though. Coverage is much better now

Archived