SaltCritters.com

NanoFreaks Cad 4 mini Z and P Garden

Nanofreak79

omgomgomg

I will be stuffing this thing full of Z and P beauties. My challenge is finding the right scape to show off as many of my little colonies as i can. I have not decided on rock yet. I do have a few things I've done and will be doing to pimp out the tank from the original stock tank. I have been collecting things and need a few more before its ready for water. I won't be listing off every zoa and paly by name, this will just pay homage to these awesome colorful polyps. I'll be doing a BB with bright GSP to cover the bottom of the tank. Unsure of inhabitants.

FTS22263504019_8e542a5df8.jpgIMG_0572 by -Nanofreak79-:

Bits and pieces

- 4 gallon mini Cadlight tank

- ReefLed par 38 bulb, blue, white and violet

- DJ power bar 8

- Hydor water flow director/Wave maker

- Hydor 200 return pump

- Fishstreet ATO with sensor.

- 6 gallon overflow cover from nanocube

- custom removable shelves, using filter floss and chemi pure blu

- TLF mag cleaner

- Dosing by hand hella food. reef roids, reef chili, KZ coral snow, KZ additives, zoa food from fauna marin

- 50 watt Hydor heater

- 2.5 gallon blacked out ATO container

- Pico skim 2.0 and whisper 20 air pump

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, things are slowly coming along. I've ordered the hydro 200 for my return pump. I cut the glass top to pretty much match to stop where the chamber wall starts, I just need to sand the edge. Thanks to teeny and giggby? Sorry if I messed the names. These members have showed me a nice, and smart trick to move the return height, thanks. I purchased a Pico 2.0 skimmer from ninja as well. I'm a little worried about space for my ATO withe the heater and skimmer back there.

I need help with a scape. I purchased the tub of rubble rock to individually put together something creative but give me the most room for zoas. I have some extra live rock laying around, but most of it is Boulder type shapes. Any suggestions on what to do lmk here. I've done the rubble thing before, but its a little tedious and I don't know what shape I'm looking for.

Sounds pretty promising man. I would recommend Phol's Xtra too. I had amazing results with it in my Zoa's,even after just 2-3 doses.

I just ran out of the pohls xtra. Another $40 needed. I still am having a hard time finding small circulat type shelf for my tree I have another idea, but the tank is so small the structure would be to big. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Wass up! That OceanBox belongs to CoralFish12g George. Maybe contact him on Youtube or FB https://www.facebook.com/coralfish12g

I likey.

Thank you, I don't use Facebook anymore. I'll have to figure something out. I appreciate your help!

Phol's Xtra is see is very pricey. How much do you dose at a time?[/size]

I love your signature!

I use pohls in just my larger tank 2ml's twice a week. I feed other stuff 3-4 days a week. I'll have to see how much I'll be using in thevz and p tank. I did order that fauna Marin zoa and ricordea food

I ordered some shelf rock from BRS today. I think 4#'s should be sufficient for making some platforms for the bonsai tree effect I'm going for. I never heard back back from two different places that create such things....guess this means I'll be using my own art side of me to build it. I'm waiting on the return pump and the parts. To move up the return. I'm doing bare bottom so no worries there, as I've grown out a little GSP from ninja. I can't fit my hand in the rear chambers so I had to use tongs and super glue, then some silicon. It's a bit turdy, but it's strong and gives me area for floss and chemipure. Gonna be wet soon!

22122890846_d71e8042ec.jpgIMG_0559 by -Nanofreak79-

Pico skim 2.0

22122888556_89ea2225f5.jpgIMG_0558 by -Nanofreak79-

22159272261_8688a46abc.jpgIMG_0557 by -Nanofreak79-

Got some cool shelf rock from BRS! I'll still be using a chisel and such to get the right shapes. Some of the rock is bigger, but just right for the larger shelves. I'll be using the rubble rock as the trunk and branches. I have to clean my maxi mini tank before I build the tree.

22231779116_a7653d03ef.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

22071047209_24595846f9.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

So I did a little reshaping and adding another little bit to the bottom. Some of it is noticeable and some not so much. I just want to make sure I have as much room as possible. I also am rethinking the GSP, as it is hard to control especially in tight spaces. Most likely zoa and pally on the bottom. Anyway here is the new pic and old pic.

22404299531_0eb25109c3_n.jpgUntitled by nanofreak 79, on Flickr

21750379694_a46215bdf9_n.jpgUntitled by nanofreak 79, on Flickr

Very cool! IMHO, gsp isn't hard to control... I think it'd look super sick almost like a lawn. Up to you though. Imagine it, green grass with a blossoming tree full of different flowers(Zoas)

thank you, ninjamyst sent me some super bright gsp just for the bottom. I guess its what I originally planned for. I just worry it starting to grab hold of those rocks and then not being able to scrape it off, since the rock is porous and has so many crevices......hmmm

Indeed, it is a very cool scape! I love the bonsai look. This is gonna be a fun tank.

Thank you!

oh man, this thread should be called the signature thread-it's half the thread lol

Hey gotta give props, sorry to disappoint.

Spent some time on the tank, drilling the new hole for,them return. I glued a small square of glass, from cutting the top glass. I used just some aquarium silicon. I drilled the hole,with my step bit, but it was not big enough. I ended up using it to round out the hole. I adjusted the tree again. Once I put it in the tank I noticed it was going to either barely fit between the shelves or not give any water motion. I took the bottom rocks off and it lowered it perfectly, now I can put some higher light zoas on the top as well. I had to cut some of the straight barbed piece off,everything is good on the backside to the pump. I added a length of tubing to the skimmer drain. I now have to do the video for fish street on there ATO. I'm hoping it'll work in the back compartment but things are pretty tight. I'd say I'm a few days away of getting this wet!!

22263504019_8e542a5df8.jpgIMG_0572 by -Nanofreak79-

22263501339_764995a57a.jpgIMG_0571 by -Nanofreak79-

22262343130_6d226f1efd.jpgIMG_0570 by -Nanofreak79-

22262338200_020e2eefce.jpgIMG_0568 by -Nanofreak79-

22262352830_1db27a8a53.jpgIMG_0573 by -Nanofreak79-

22262352830_1db27a8a53.jpgIMG_0573 by -Nanofreak79-

Archived