Coral Vue Hydros

6.5G Eduardo's Rimless Nano Reef

EduardoFanjos

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

Hey you guys!

So, I've been keeping fish as a hobby my entire life, but it wasn't until about 5 years ago I started my first salt water tank, it was smaller than this one, and it got me very exited about nano reefing.

Let's get to it than! I currently have a 6.5G, 40x26x23cm(Sorry guys, we don't work with inches here haha), 4mm thick and curved edges that I run rimless.

Water was added in mid july, and today it's already packed, but of course I can fit something hahaha

For lighting there's a Par30, 18w LED fixture, with 6 blue and 12 white 1w LEDs.

For circulation an Atman HF0800 900lph and a Mini Sarlo Better 170lph. The Atman also holds carbon, heater, filter floss and anything else I want to add out of the display.

Fish:

(1)Ocellaris Clownfish

(1)Firefish Goby

Inverts:

(1)Peppermint Shrimp

(5)Nishi snails

(2)Dwarf Hermits

Softs:

Leather Flower

Green Ricordea

Neon Green Paly

Japanese Purple Cloves

Baby Back Blue Zoas

Green Star Polyps

Purple Mush

LPS:

Green Candy Cane

Pink Candy Cane

Frogspawn

SPS:

Seriatopora Caliendrum

Pavona Cactus

Well, that's it! Soon I will post some more photos =D

post-89287-0-95446300-1443640325_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
EduardoFanjos

Hey guys! Wanted to let you know that I upgrade the display =D Now its a 14,5G/54L, 50x34x34cm curved edge.

I added an extra pump for flow, since the hang-on filter creates a very laminar flow. I also changed the substrate, its a very thin samoa pink. I really like it!

The frogspawn had to go, it grew so much it was stinging everything... The seriatopora became store credit, the paguros kept on knocking it off and cracking small pieces.

Everything grew so much! Apart from the leather I fragged pretty much everything already.

The Firefish, guess what? Jumped.

From now on I plan to grow bigger colonies of the existing corals, and add different Zoas to fill out empty spaces(since the blue cloves didn't do its job). I also crazy about a orange plate coral, but its not very common around here...

Well, thats it! Let me know if you have any questions =D

EduardoFanjos

I have it since mid july 2015. But it cycled for two months(aka I don't have any money to buy corals hahaha)

EduardoFanjos

Very nice Eduardo! I really like it.

Where did you buy this led bulb? I'm Australian and I couldn't find it on ebay ☹️

I got it here in Brazil from a guy that works with LED fixtures. He buys them with bad LEDs and replace them with cree ones and a better driver. Its a cool little bulb =D

Archived