Pod Your Reef

Spectras Cadlights Versa 42 It holds Water!

spectra

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
righttirefire

Looks really nice!!

But how do you attache the wood to the metal?

*MAGIC* I'd assume super welder got a hold of some carbon organic welding rod and stitched it on the back side. Awesome job...

But really I'd say predrilled and self tapping screws. Then filled the screw head pockets.

Looks really nice!!

But how do you attache the wood to the metal?

Thanks!

There are a couple of holes in the steel and will just go from the inside with a few crews. It will not take much to attach. That way I can always just pull the skin if I need to work on stuff underneath it. Will also make it much easier to pull the sump if I have to.

*MAGIC* I'd assume super welder got a hold of some carbon organic welding rod and stitched it on the back side. Awesome job...

But really I'd say predrilled and self tapping screws. Then filled the screw head pockets.

Magic :lol: Nope just some tape and bubblegum........

Nice stand - this might be the strongest stand I've seen for a tank under 200g :) I like how the finish on the maple is coming along.

Nice stand - this might be the strongest stand I've seen for a tank under 200g :) I like how the finish on the maple is coming along.

Thanks it should hold a few pounds :D I also wanted to x the center brace I hate that with wooden stands.

Spectra! Looks awesome. I missed this whole thread.

Yep I blend right in sometimes I guess ;) Thanks!

With your herbie style, did you drill the back of the tank to run your return? Very nice. Love your stand!

Yes drilled it for a 1/2" return.

Thanks

Love the stand work.

Thanks

What return pump are you using? I picked up the new Versa 45 shallow and had them drill an additional 1/2 inch hole for a herbie as well. I am still debating on which return pump to use.

Stand is done now to get the plumbing taken care of........in between football games ;)

IMG_1352.jpg

Sharp looking setup. I'll be following!

What return pump are you using? I picked up the new Versa 45 shallow and had them drill an additional 1/2 inch hole for a herbie as well. I am still debating on which return pump to use.

I have a Jebao DC 3000 that I am going to try out and see how it works, It was laying around so figured give it a shot.

Any updated pictures of the tank?

Just the stuff from last week. It is a slow process......and I am lazy been on vacation :lol:

Ok some have seen it but here is a quick look a the lighting.......IMG_1356.jpg

Need to make a mount for it and will be almost ready to go......

Ok some have seen it but here is a quick look a the lighting.......IMG_1356.jpg

Need to make a mount for it and will be almost ready to go......

Nice. You can tan under it too ;)
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok have posted in the lounge but figured it might go better in here.......

Light is up......IMG_1409.jpg

Sump is in and plumbed

IMG_1415.jpg

Going to run a leak test on it all again and see what happens......

Spectra! You need to bust some butt and get this thing up and going :) It's going to be nice! especially after that frag rack photo you posted :wub:

Spectra! You need to bust some butt and get this thing up and going :) It's going to be nice! especially after that frag rack photo you posted :wub:

:lol: I was going to post something nice and encouraging about how well things are coming along.

But yeah. What she said :slap:

Its water tight so far :o even cranked the valve all the way closed to see if the emergency could keep up and it did......I might need a little more pump for the return though......running on full speed and not really sure.

Anyway IMG_1424.jpg

Archived