Innovative Marine Aquariums

DrGibby's 4g shutting them down :(

drgibby

The top down pic is very nice! I never saw the midnight princess, thats a cool coral.

Im so happy with this tank. It took a long time to get it to where it is at. The midnight princess favities was one of the first corals i got for it. The zoas and pipe organ around it were just overshadowing it now i hope it becomes more focal on the other side of the tank :)

• Like 2

I haven't looked at this thread in a while and holy crap it looks great! I love how filled in it looks! Awesome tank :D

Thanks it really has matured lately

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Thanksgiving!! everything is going well my giant green ricordia is starting to grow a second mouth and split!? Its a really fun process to watch and i wish i would have noticed it sooner to take pictures and document.

31180695901_bc2c4deab4_c.jpg20161127_105943 by drgibby, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Water change day! Made easier by newstead and her gifts!!

Heres a FTS i noticed i haven't done one in a while some things are still angry but you get the idea..

30803330044_ab6ae08de9_c.jpg20161214_111648 by drgibby, on Flickr

also i won the Legendary Santa $100 frag pack from legendary corals!! really excited for that

• Like 4

on a side note.. bristleworms are everywhere! Its not a bad thing as they do the corals no harm its just there are so many id love to get rid of a few. The problem is my only option might be a trap. As the tank is so small all the worm eating fish need more space or are semi aggressive and i dont want the firefish to die.. is it sad i have really thought about putting a 6 line in there just to let him eat worms and then take him back to the store....

Whats NR opinion on how to get rid of a couple or keep the population in check.

on a side note.. bristleworms are everywhere! Its not a bad thing as they do the corals no harm its just there are so many id love to get rid of a few. The problem is my only option might be a trap. As the tank is so small all the worm eating fish need more space or are semi aggressive and i dont want the firefish to die.. is it sad i have really thought about putting a 6 line in there just to let him eat worms and then take him back to the store....

Whats NR opinion on how to get rid of a couple or keep the population in check.

I would consider doing that with the six line.

If you get a small one they would feast on the worms, and then you could trade him back for store credit.

I would consider doing that with the six line.

If you get a small one they would feast on the worms, and then you could trade him back for store credit.

Im so tempted with the six line. the store has some little ones as well.. someone talk me out of this as i dont want to get rid of my clown and disturb all the tanks.

I also got in contact with Darwin from legendary corals and he said they will mail the Legendary santa Christmas frag pack at the begning of the year!!!

omgomgomg

• Like 1

So i want a bigger tank... im scowering the internet hoping to find something im almost ready just to order the cadlight tank for like 800 but i know my wife will kill me.. if i could just find something that will work for around 500 i dont think i will be tooo dead.. I would love the red sea reefer system but the money is just to much for me. I feel my corals are getting to big for this tank especially my acan and micromussa.

31823469701_fe06d1d7cc.jpg20161228_091100 by drgibby, on Flickr

as the acan gets bigger the micromussa gets smaller.. i have a feeling they are not getting along and i can't really separate them very well

31902974906_b7c658bdb6.jpg20161228_091040 by drgibby, on Flickr

• Like 2

sooo Darwin has said that they will ship the corals at the beginning of the year!!! Common 2017!! Christmas frag pack im sooo excited.

Woo hoo!

Btw, did you ever get the six line? I used a bristleworm trap in my 10g but it only got a few. But I don't have many any more, I suspect thanks to Doug the puffer.

Woo hoo!

Btw, did you ever get the six line? I used a bristleworm trap in my 10g but it only got a few. But I don't have many any more, I suspect thanks to Doug the puffer.

I have been dragging my feet on the six line because i really do think 4g is so small for it even if it was really small and the only resident and also to do it i would need to trade in the clowns and move the firefish to the 10g and that just sounds like a lot of work. I thought about doing a trap but fear it would take forever and i would need to make the smallest trap ever to fit in the 4g

• Like 1

I have been dragging my feet on the six line because i really do think 4g is so small for it even if it was really small and the only resident and also to do it i would need to trade in the clowns and move the firefish to the 10g and that just sounds like a lot of work. I thought about doing a trap but fear it would take forever and i would need to make the smallest trap ever to fit in the 4g

I used to have really big amphipods in my 4g and I went through the exact same mental gymnastics. I reached the same conclusion too :)
  • Like 1

Water change day was yesterday so i snapped a few pictures. I have 2 groups of zoas on the right side of the tank that for the last week just haven't opened. no clue why. Im not sure if there is a pest or if the bristleworms are becoming a menace..or they just decided to be angry..

32123051435_23461a543e.jpg20170104_092545 by drgibby, on Flickr

compared to the left side of the tank which is more then happy

32084146956_aa12af9c3a.jpg20170104_092554 by drgibby, on Flickr

Legendary corals shipped there product yesterday and it arrived today in our cold cold weather.. i was a little nervous for them but they seem to be opening so thats good.

here is what they sent

31974503832_9793ee2ae0.jpg20170105_094755 by drgibby, on Flickr

and this is after a dip and a little bit of acclimation

31747964870_36e1bab6f7.jpg20170105_104150 by drgibby, on Flickr

Also im in the market for a bigger tank i think... Kat is selling hers but shes just to far away for me to justify the drive... :tears:

• Like 2

Did my normal water change for Wednesday morning... Aqua sd Corals came in were acclimated and dipped and are in the tank angry.. ill post pictures later.. i have no clue exactly where they will end up and to top it off Aqua sD sent me a freebie! which is awesome but again i dont have room!!! i either need more frag racks or all my acans will have to be great friends on the sand..

• Like 3