Innovative Marine Aquariums

What to feed cheato in quarantine?

Siren Steph

I'm quarantining my cheato for about 6 weeks. So far it has been in by itself in a clear Sterilite plastic bin getting some natural morning sun and some light from a Boost Par 38 LED that is over my coral quarantine. I have just a powerhead to move the water a little and a small heater. Do I need to add stuff to keep it green while I wait?

Hmmm,

probably some nitrate and Phosphorus to keep it healthy and growing. You can get smaller bottles online, look for Seachem Nitrate and Seachem Phosphorus. It should only take a drop or so, but honestly I don't know.

Water change the quarantine tank with water from your display when you do a water change on that.

Eg. fresh new salt water into display, dirty water from display into quarantine. Should help.

Water change the quarantine tank with water from your display when you do a water change on that.

Eg. fresh new salt water into display, dirty water from display into quarantine. Should help.

That is what I do for my macro algae/feeder ghost shrimp tanks. It works great.

Yes same here not a quarantine tNk though just a gold fish bowl with excess macro dragons breath and caulpera some dead corals and. A hermit I banned. I use my display water as well.

Archived