Coral Vue Hydros

New Book

DaveMc

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I posted but work has been keeping me busy but finally have gotten tot eh point where things are almost back to normal. Now that I have some time again I have been thinking about starting a book on Nano tanks. Everything from setup, scaping, cycling, inhabitants etc.

Was wondering if anyone would be interested in having their tank/scape included in the book? Once it is done, you will get a free copy of the book and you will have your tank spotlighted not only in the book but cover as well.

If interested please let me know :) You can either reply here or PM me. Have had this idea for a while and now I finally have time to work on it.

I think you're in the right place to propose this idea, but personally I feel the nano world is diverse. And even general ideas could be invalid across the spectrum. For example look at MetroKat, teenyreef, yoshii, dawn's seahorse, or gena. (apparently the girls are better than the guys) or TOTMs... everyone has individual approachs and results.

I think you're in the right place to propose this idea, but personally I feel the nano world is diverse. And even general ideas could be invalid across the spectrum. For example look at MetroKat, teenyreef, yoshii, dawn's seahorse, or gena. (apparently the girls are better than the guys) or TOTMs... everyone has individual approachs and results.

Thank you for the reply and I agree 100% about the diversity. That is one of the goals I will be touching on with the book. Showing the diversity of nano tanks and how they can be different from one another. While the basic setup can work for most who are starting out, highlighting specific nano tanks, what they involve and how members have maintained them will show other what can actually be accomplished in a nano tank without thinking they need to start "BIG" and spend a large amount of money. :)

One of my favorite tanks was isleoftikis pest pico. Good luck.

The tank setups are equally diverse... standard glass with HOB filters, AIO, sumped... if done right you'll have an encyclopedia. Lol

One of my favorite tanks was isleoftikis pest pico. Good luck.

The tank setups are equally diverse... standard glass with HOB filters, AIO, sumped... if done right you'll have an encyclopedia. Lol

Hahaha...if I get enough for an encyclopedia I would be on cloud 9! Thanks for your input righttirefire...it's greatly appreciated :).

Personally I'm in the 7th month, it a sumped 20 long. Which started as a 20 high... on a budget. So PM me if you want so newbe experiences.

I say go for it!!! Keep motivated!!!

Thanks Hammerstone. I will keep motivated believe me. Got a good portion of the book done...going to be bigger than I thought lol. The biggest things is getting pics and personal experiences from other nano hobbyist's to show the diversity the tanks can have. :)

Personally I'm in the 7th month, it a sumped 20 long. Which started as a 20 high... on a budget. So PM me if you want so newbie experiences.

I will definitely do that righttirefire. Would love to hear more about your experiences. Sure it would make good reading! :)

Archived