ReefCleaners.org

Not Enough Spread?

The Aquarist

So,

I just purchased a reef vibrance par30 for my 14L x 9W x 13H tank, to replace this, which wasn't doing such a good job with growing, or even sustaining anything.

The problem I am having with your par30 is that that the light is nice and bright in the middle, but the sides of the tank are dark.

The corals I want to keep are mainly lps and softies with some low light sps.

Would 90 degree optics maybe would have made this a little better?

I am also thinking of running the ABI par38 I used to have on the tank in conjunction with the par30. Would this work out?

So in short, if I change optics, would it make the spread better and would I still be able to grow coral?

Or would it be better to run the par30 and the ABI par38 in conjunction?

Thanks

I would try the 90 degree optics, I personally prefer them, yes the spread is better. Also a cheap and easy experiment to try out. They have fast shipping too. If you do end up with a bulb from them they installed the 90 optics for me free when I ordered.

CoralCompulsion

Hello,

What are the dimensions of the tank? 90 or 120 degree optics will definitely fix the problem, but we can help guide you in which to get based on the dimensions of the tank.

As for installing them, it's pretty easy and you should be able to purchase the optics from us and do it yourself.

Archived