Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Biggest Jerk in your tank

metrokat

ReefSafeSolutions

I'm too shy to call in, but you're welcome to talk about my stupid clown that attacks my coral...I'm about ready to trade it in for something a bit more reef safe.

It picked my green hairy mushroom to near-death. I had to put the mushroom in my Dad's tank so it could recover! It went from about 3" to about 1/2" because of how much the clown would pick at it. Now it dives into the zoas and grabs my frogspawn's tentacles and thrashes around. I can see where some tentacles are missing little purple bulbs...time for the clown to go!

Six Line - chewed the dorsal fins off my Red Firefish and Hi Fin Goby. Traded him and the fins grew back...

Is your podcast a regular or one off? What's it called?

My neon dottyback. Was my only fish but he just seemed like an asshole. So I got him a 6 line to play with. Guess the Dotty is winning because I'm constantly fishing the 6 out of the overflow.

No big jerks, the Solarensis wrasse that was a jerk got evicted.

The "boss" of the tank though is a male lyretail anthias. He commands over 10+ Anthias of different species and is always out and swimming around when the moonlights are on, even when all other fish are asleep. He's the protector.

BTW: I would assume the podcast is titled "Shoes and Fins"?

Got a jerk in your tank? I'd love to hear about it

I'm recording a podcast, be great to hear from some of you.

Anybody up for calling in?

Yes! my 4+ inch female maroon clownfish! She has killed some of my clean up crew ( like my poor tuxedo sea urchin), forced me to rehome my royal gramma that had been with me for 5 years, splashes water on my face when I feed her, forced me to go barebottom because she loved to create sand storms, bites my hand and dive bombs into my hand. What else can I say! I do love her though after 9 years. She's like part of the family.

I'm too shy to call in, but you're welcome to talk about my stupid clown that attacks my coral...I'm about ready to trade it in for something a bit more reef safe.

It picked my green hairy mushroom to near-death. I had to put the mushroom in my Dad's tank so it could recover! It went from about 3" to about 1/2" because of how much the clown would pick at it. Now it dives into the zoas and grabs my frogspawn's tentacles and thrashes around. I can see where some tentacles are missing little purple bulbs...time for the clown to go!

When I put new frags into my tank, I have to play the game "I hope my FMCF doesn't decide to knock it over". She loves to do that! ahhhh....

I gots nothing... But I do really hate every clownfish... they're all jerks.

I agree. Even my small B/W CF is a jerk in my 10G. He killed my cleaner shrimp!

Sounds like a good podcast to me. :D

OOO OOOOO I had a coral banded shrimp that would rip apart LPS and would damage the fins of a dwarf coral beauty.

How about an Australian accent?

I may have got lucky, but everything gets along very well in the tank. The members of my tank are generally considered semi-aggressive, but my fish rarely even flash their fins at the other members of the tank let alone nip at each other. For the record I have a four-line wrasse, a fridami pseudochromis, two black ice clownfish, a kauldern's cardinalfish, and a neon goby. I believe this is due to the fact that my tank is lightly stocked for fish, they all have areas that are mostly their own, and they are fed every day. The wrasse dominates the caves and passageways of the rocks, the clowns stake out the massive orange crush acan, the neon goby reaaaallly likes clinging to the glass under the loc-line, the pseudochromis has a small territory between the branches of a massive Caulastraea to the Lobophyllia hemprichii, and no one seems to be threatened in the slightest by the cardinal floating into their territory. All come out of their zones to beg front and center for food though.

all of them.

they're all a-holes.

Same here. Every fish in my tank are complete bastards. Except maybe for the male clown who's quite docile.

My sixline tears apart every CUC-member who's not a snail. It has almost wiped out my big population of bristle worms and microserpent stars. It's also acting sort of bipolar towars my cherub angel. Sometimes they look like best friends and then the cherub gets a beating.

My cherub angel munches on LPS now and then and my bicolor blenny chews on both euphillae and SPS.

And then there's the female clown. She's very much the boss of the tank and hands out random beatings to everyone. It seems to keep the overall aggression in check and so no fish seems to be getting more beat up than they can handle.

The other day, however, my Kuekenthali shrimp popped its head out. All five fishes swarmed it and I thought it was byebye shrimpie. It seemed to find hole to dive into. I usually never see the shrimp. I think I got an explanation.

...oh I forgot about my pincushion urchin. Everything has to be nailed down, glued and sealed to the rocks, not to get picked up and tossed around. It even rearranges my rock work. I use a lot of time just cleaning up after it.

Archived