Coral Vue Hydros

Please identify this anemone

offerico

I think the cold water anemones are more brightly colored like that. Google "cold water anemone" and see if you find something similar. I found a bright pink that looks like yours.

actinia tenebrosa

maybe this!

Thanks.

I have it for more then a year.

Can it stay this color if it had been dyeded?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. If they are dyed I think it fades back out. Usually dyed nems don't survive either from the little I have read/heard.

Thanks.

I have it for more then a year.

Can it stay this color if it had been dyeded?

no, that's the natural color, and I will guess it's a species of Actinia.

But I'm by no means a polyp identifying expert

• 1 month later...

The genus Actinia is quite widespread. Especially Actinia equina has a large range , from Scotland to the Cape Verde islands. The ones from warm water are better suited for a tropical tank as they have locally adapted of course.

They are tidal zone species but can grow slightly below low tide (thus always submerged). They are not photosynthetic so they need to be fed quite a bit but that is rather easy as they can eat large prey and are not picky.

Do you know where it is from?

Anyway it sure aren't cold water sine it leaves in 78F and survived an 84F crises.

They can be pretty hardy and survive in high temps. I have some in a cold water tank and a few in a tropical tank. Their sting kills corals very quickly if they decide to move. I'm jealous, feed it daily so it splits and then sell one to me :)

Archived