Pod Your Reef

Convince me..

Matteo

So I have a a fluval spec V with stock filtration, and added aquatop pump for more circulation, a DIY LED fixture 6 RB, 2 Warm White, 1 NW, 3 UV, 2 Red, 1 Blue, 2 Lime. So plenty of light for the itty bitty tank.

It currently has about 8lbs of LR, do not have coral but do have a couple hermits, 2 astrea snails, 2 sexy shrimp, and a Tiger Pistol Shrimp. I do not want to do coral because I have my main reef tank (45jbj) downstairs and this is my bedroom tank.

SO! Convince me to make it into a macro algae tank and not sell it!!!

here is what it looks like but there is no coral now.

20150630_164155_zpshtt9cpgf.jpg

Yoshis tank. :) Plus you can never just have one tank. If you feel the need for one tank and one tank only, you have not yet caught the illness. This place might not be for you. :D:P

Well I have been trying to sell the light at the least and have had no leads whatsoever otherwise it would have been gone! But since its not and I have everything, why not make it into macro algae tank haha

+1 sell it and put the proceeds to the other tank... I'm sure you can sell it if the price is right... Or do you have any family that's interested? Could be a cool way to get a family or friend into the hobby - something else to talk about you know...

+1 sell it and put the proceeds to the other tank... I'm sure you can sell it if the price is right... Or do you have any family that's interested? Could be a cool way to get a family or friend into the hobby - something else to talk about you know...

I have been trying to sell and none of my friends are into commitment stuff like a reef. Or the money you have to put into one. I would love to sell it and literally put all the money into some coral! But I can't till its sold. Look at the classifieds if interested;)

Yoshis tank. :) Plus you can never just have one tank. If you feel the need for one tank and one tank only, you have not yet caught the illness. This place might not be for you. :D:P

Yup, Yoshi's TOTM was going to be my argument for keeping the tank as a macro tank too! You could add "pests" as well to the tank. A large Pseudocorynactis would be cool:

Archived