Top Shelf Aquatics

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

Looking great Jose. Hope your having fun with the light!

I absolutely love it. The form factor is great, the tank looks incredible, and my corals have never looked better. Extremely happy. One of the key decisions on the build. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you running a skimmer yet? I just got the same tank and have read bad reviews of the ghost skimmer, was looking for an alternative. Does the tunze 9001 fit?

Tank looks great!

Need to beef up the CUC today as diatoms are starting to get unruly. Otherwise, things are great.

Last week, I came home to my lobo having a white "spiderweb" over one of my scans. I did not take a photo as I quickly separated them and cleaned up but it was weird looking for sure. Luckily, the acan survived but only after 2 new heads were killed during the attack.

• Like 1

Wow, usually the Acans are the aggressive ones. Kinda surprising the Lobo would be able to take them.

Figures... things typically happen backwards in my tank :(

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there. Things are going well. I beefed up the CUC right before the new year and the tank looks much better.

Also, I visited family in Orlando to welcome the new year and I stopped by WWC as always as I absolutely love their display tanks and it's like 10 minutes from my sister's place. I asked one of their senior staff about their parameters and bored him with details on how I am managing my tank. His only recommendation was to increase magnesium to 1400. Everything else he was ok with. I ordered some seachem Mg as they did not have it and i've been slowly bringing it up for the last few days. The 2 part will not bump it any higher than 1220. Should be there in a few days. It is making a difference...

And looks like my acan survived the lobo attack! Baby heads are coming out again! Very happy.

• Like 1

I went to get RO water at the LFS by the office today and found out they are closing. They have another store farther north that will remain but it ends up being somewhat of a hike. I had been simplifying my life buying the water but I can no longer justify the cost savings as my car gives me on avg 19 mpg. Sooooo, my new RO/DI filter system gets here Wednesday :)

• Like 3

I went to get RO water at the LFS by the office today and found out they are closing. They have another store farther north that will remain but it ends up being somewhat of a hike. I had been simplifying my life buying the water but I can no longer justify the cost savings as my car gives me on avg 19 mpg. Sooooo, my new RO/DI filter system gets here Wednesday :)

It's really convient :)

• Like 2

Wow 19 :lol: I would love that.......I might get 13 ;)

RO unit is worth it though....I have a 20 and well a RO was the first purchase before I got things going.... you never know when you might need some water.

• Like 3

It's really convient :)

Thanks. I am sure it will be. I was trying to have less stuff around but it was just a matter of time.

Wow 19 :lol: I would love that.......I might get 13 ;)

RO unit is worth it though....I have a 20 and well a RO was the first purchase before I got things going.... you never know when you might need some water.

I average 6 mpg when at the track lol

Yes. The return on investment was not there since I could get great water for .35/gal 5 minutes from my office. Now I don't have a choice.

• Like 1

Thanks. I am sure it will be. I was trying to have less stuff around but it was just a matter of time.

I average 6 mpg when at the track lol

Yes. The return on investment was not there since I could get great water for .35/gal 5 minutes from my office. Now I don't have a choice.

Well no track for me :lol:

What do you run at the track?

Made some saltwater yesterday but got lazy this evening so the water change will be done tomorrow. Mg keeps going up with the dosing but looks like it will take another 5-6 days to get to the new target level. Also started planning the mounting of my ricordeas and the zoa frags on the LR.

• Like 1