inTank Media Baskets

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

they get in and split in half.. i have some here and there, but they don't seem to be moving or doing much. i'm sure there are more than 1 species.. i've had some that go nuts.

if they behave they stay

I've got them in my 10g. They don't seem to hurt anything but they do eat a lot of the coralline.

I have the kind that reproduces at lightning speeds... I must have picked out easily over 200 over the last couple of days. Got home last night and could not find a single one. They are endangered in my environment at this point.

In other news, all fish enjoyed some pellets last night in addition to the regular menu.

• Like 1

I fragged some zoas yesterday and everything opened up nicely. I was afraid that some would not make it but all is good. Will start moving frags out of the lagoon this week to get negative space going.

I picked up this yellow/green ric (top right) but this photo does not do justice. It is super nice. Will take some better photos during the weekend.

IMG_20160824_185803095.jpg

• Like 1

So i went hunting for rics for the lagoon and baby clowns for the cube and i ended coming home with this ;). Better photos after water change. Oh, and I'm done with IO salt. Switching to red sea pro once i run out.

Most of the non regional corals are now in the cube so i have real estate for RFAs.

IMG_20160830_190008826.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. I think I am hooked :(

I went to vip reef today to see what they had in stock... a lot of red and green as they are the most abundant it seems. Beautiful though. Then you walk by the not for sale tank and realize how majestic some of these creatures really are.

Ultras are for me. Waiting impatiently for the next shipment.

And... I bought a pair of spotcinctus clownfish (Amphiprion bicinctus) for the cube. Those two are inseparable and adorable. Wow. The TP pair i had (paired at home) were obnoxious. These two are so nice. Very happy.

• Like 1

Ok. I had to stop this afternoon by Morgan at Reef Gardener to see her RFAs. I left with two and a blue ric that was pending from the list. No more reef spending for a while :). Will post better photos and a new FTS over the long weekend. These are soo nice...

IMG_20160901_175927546.jpg

Morgan is awesome. One of the nicest people you will ever meet!

• Like 2

I have a couple stunning ultras, and one that's just nice.. I really would like a pink one, but they are a little difficult to come by on the cali coast

Nice. VIP Reef said they were getting a new shipment by the weekend. Check just in case.

Cencalfishguy56

Ok. I had to stop this afternoon by Morgan at Reef Gardener to see her RFAs. I left with two and a blue ric that was pending from the list. No more reef spending for a while :). Will post better photos and a new FTS over the long weekend. These are soo nice...

she is super helpful! im in california and bought one of my btas from her and it is gorgeous! her customer service is top notch!

• Like 1

she is super helpful! im in california and bought one of my btas from her and it is gorgeous! her customer service is top notch!

She is great!

BTW, I love your tank. My next build will be a long for sure.

So the bigger one is not doing well. Inside out and detached :(. Placed it in a breeder box with rubble in the back. Let's hope it makes it through the night. So bummed. Everything else is good and did every parameter test i am equipped for.

Awesome looking tank !!! I love the Ric's :P How are you liking the skimmer ?

Thanks. Love the rics as well. It looks better now IMO since i almost all the frags to another tank. Will post a new FTS over the weekend.

EDIT: It is my first skimmer so it is my baseline but it fits and works good and you cannot beat the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you using gooseneck or rimless gooseneck for your Nano Duo? Also what is the length? I want to get the same tank.

Also, what do you think of IM Aqua ghost nano protein skimmer?

Are you using gooseneck or rimless gooseneck for your Nano Duo? Also what is the length? I want to get the same tank.

Also, what do you think of IM Aqua ghost nano protein skimmer?

15" rimless gooseneck. I have the Reef Octopus NS80 skimmer. The research I did on the IM made me look in a different direction. Good luck with your build!

Since IM Fusion 25Lagoon comes with dual inflow channel? Do I need 2 media caddy?

I am considering think tank and I understand it has dual inflow channels. From the list below, are these the only extra things that I need to buy that does not come with the tank? Also since it has dual inflow, which items below that I have two buy 2 other than the media caddy? clear.png

SpinStream Flow Nozzle 000001
MagnaFuge LED Refugium Light 7601
Replacement 200 Micron Filter Sock 9003
FishGuard Over Flow Protectors 7701
AccuDrip Fish and Coral Acclimator 7101
CustomCaddy Customizable Media Basket 7400
SkimMate Ghost Protein Skimmer 7203
MiniMax AIO (All-In-One) Media Reactor 7301

anything else is missing that is necessary for me to have that is not listed here other than heater?

Since IM Fusion 25Lagoon comes with dual inflow channel? Do I need 2 media caddy?

I am considering think tank and I understand it has dual inflow channels. From the list below, are these the only extra things that I need to buy that does not come with the tank? Also since it has dual inflow, which items below that I have two buy 2 other than the media caddy? clear.png

SpinStream Flow Nozzle 000001

MagnaFuge LED Refugium Light 7601

Replacement 200 Micron Filter Sock 9003

FishGuard Over Flow Protectors 7701

AccuDrip Fish and Coral Acclimator 7101

CustomCaddy Customizable Media Basket 7400

SkimMate Ghost Protein Skimmer 7203

MiniMax AIO (All-In-One) Media Reactor 7301

anything else is missing that is necessary for me to have that is not listed here other than heater?

To be honest, that is a pretty long list. Without understanding what you will be stocking, here are my thoughts:

Spinstream flow nozzles (x2) - optional

CustomCaddies/Filter socks - you would either use the socks or the caddies (or one of each?). I recommend you go with the InTank media baskets (x2) and use filter floss

FishGuard protectors - optional but depends on livestock

Ghost skimmer - optional - As long as you don't overstock and do 15-20% weekly water changes, you should not need a skimmer. Also, many report sub par performance and high noise levels from this unit.

Reactor - optional - what would you be using in the reactor?

Hope this helps

Is intank media is better than customcaddy media ?

Don't I need a reactor to clean the water with carbon insert and etc? Or are you saying that if I have intank media I don't need a reactor?

Is intank media is better than customcaddy media ?

Don't I need a reactor to clean the water with carbon insert and etc? Or are you saying that if I have intank media I don't need a reactor?

The InTank baskets are the best. You could run chemipure elite (CE), CE with Purigen (P), or chemipure blue (CB). I run CE+P but will be trying CB once I run out of what I have right now. (http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/353389-purigen-vs-chemipure-elite-vs-chemipure-blue/).

Each of my baskets has filter floss in chamber 1, and media in the second ( either CE or P). You don't really need a reactor.

The InTank baskets are the best. You could run chemipure elite (CE), CE with Purigen (P), or chemipure blue (CB). I run CE+P but will be trying CB once I run out of what I have right now. (http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/353389-purigen-vs-chemipure-elite-vs-chemipure-blue/).

Each of my baskets has filter floss in chamber 1, and media in the second ( either CE or P). You don't really need a reactor.

Intank media basket has 3 chambers right? Chamber 1 is the top one? Do you mind telling me what you put in in order from the top?