inTank Media Baskets

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

Hello. This is my 25g IM Nuvo Lagoon build. As of early 2016, the tank focus has shifted to having Caribbean/Western Atlantic stock.

Equipment:
IM Nuvo Fusion Lagoon 25g with grey stand
Next gen Nano Box Reef DUO
Vortech MP10qd
InMedia basket x2
Cobalt Neo Therm 100w heater
BRS 1/8" netting DIY screen
BRS 4 stage water saver 150 GPD RO filter
Tunze Nano ATO
In Plan: Tunze 9001 Skimmer - will not be necessary for some time

Marco dry rock
Nature's Ocean Reef sand

Livestock:
FISH
2 TP clowns paired ( traded in)
2 green banded gobies
1 Royal Gramma
1 Chalk Bass
1 Pygmy Angel

CUC
Red and blue legged hermit crabs
Astraea snails (endangered)
Nassarius snail

SPS
Strawberry shortcake acropora

LPS
Blue galaxea
Lobo
Blue Rainbow Acan
Dirty panties rainbow Acan

Softies
Zoas/palys
Miami vice
Lucky charms
Sunny d's
Candy apple
Punk rockers
Capt. America
Assorted no name Zoas

Assorted ricordeas
Red mushrooms
Green mushroom

Salt & Dosing
Instant Ocean sea salt
Seachem Fusion 1 & 2
Seachem Reef Advantage Magnesium

There are some incredible shallow reefs here in NR and I am still working on the scape design. I am currently leaning towards a simple design with good negative space. I hope to have the design completed over the weekend.

3DAB9F7D-DBD8-44A5-BAAE-188CE77FC5B6.jpg

CCFC6D65-CE43-49C6-81EC-0D476867D330.jpg

7/16/2016:
IMG_20160715_165411716_edit_146861622956

• Like 7

Very excited for this, ever since they released the lagoon series I have been waiting to see someone build one. I will be following along for sure

first build on nano reef that I am aware of. Congrats on the purchase. Look forward to the adventure.

Congrats! This will be nice. Lagoon, cool to have the first build on NR.

sick tank. i want one. good luck. following

Thank you all! I am very excited about this. It is a beautiful tank. Let's hope I can do it justice.

I received both tank and stand yesterday afternoon via UPS. The tank made it ok but the stand was damaged in transit. I contacted Marine Depot and they quickly contacted IM to help solve the issue. IM is already shipping the replacement panel. It is obviously not the ideal situation but these companies have shown excellent customer service through the process. Tank will be wet as soon as the stand is ready to go.

• Like 3

The leak test is complete. Looks like I got a solid tank :). Now I just need to finish the aquascape over the weekend and get the replacement stand panel from IM to get this thing wet.

In other news, I went to buy the intank baskets tonight just to find out they just went out of stock. Stevie replied to a post in his NR sponsor forum and he is about to release a new design for the 20 and 25. Lucky me! I now get next generation nano box duo and media baskets with the new tank.

• Like 3

After some delays, IM finally shipped the replacement stand panel yesterday and should get here on Friday. I will then be putting the stand together over the weekend with my son. Assuming I can come up with a decent scape design by Sunday, this thing should be wet by the end of the weekend... I have put together some scape concepts but I've had no inspiration so far :(. Need to stop thinking about it for a day or two and it will come.

I also decided to upgrade the new DUO with the dedicated moonlight led/driver pair and paid for that today.

So I got the replacement panel today and it is good to go. However, now that I peeled off the protective plastic from the flat glossy areas from the other panels, I have more issues. Maybe I should have peeled off all that stuff from the get go :(. I am not sure I can live with some of the issues. I will try to solve this with MD and IM first I guess. I thought this may be due to early adoption but this is not their first rodeo...

Not sure this tank will be wet this weekend... So disappointed.

In related news, I have two test aquascapes going but I am not convinced with either one... Will post some photos tomorrow. Now I'm going to have a couple of beers to ease the pain from the stand.

I broke down one of the scape designs and here is the running candidate so far... i wanted a simpler scape but i need coral real estate as well. Have another 15 lbs of rock and will try something else again.

The bottom of the blue painters tape measures to the tank height.

20151003_134230_edit_1443894311114.jpg

The left structure needs to come forward about 3/4".

20151003_134252.jpg

• Like 3

Can't wait to see this progress now, we need lots more pics :P

Is that going to be your location where you keep it? Above the wine rack there? (It looks quite good there).

My son and I went to our favorite LFS today to check things out. We left with coralline epoxy and a Capt. America frag. I keep telling myself that I am not buying any more coral until the new tank is cycled and stable but I am sure you understand :)

Can't wait to see this, such great dimensions for a tank.

Absolutely. I have a very specific area for the tank and it comes with space constraints. I had been looking for an AIO for that spot and I was coming to terms with a compromise. Right before I pulled the trigger on another setup, the lagoons were announced. From really liking shallow reefs and for this tank and stand to perfectly meet my space requirements, I could not be any happier.

Following along!!

following

Thanks!

One more med sized rock on the front left... Than an island front n ctr and you're done. JMHO

Yes. Thant is certainly one of the options. The rock that will go up front is in my BC14 which I will be using to seed. Will post once it's wet and with the LR for more feedback. Thanks!

Can't wait to see this progress now, we need lots more pics :P

Is that going to be your location where you keep it? Above the wine rack there? (It looks quite good there).

I should have had this thing on its stand and wet by now but I have run into some shipping damage and QC issues. Will post more photos once things are ready. And I just placed the tank on that furniture for the one photo. The tank will look super nice on the IM stand once ready.

Tanks gonna look great - I like the scale- Marco rock- did you also buy some E400 Marco mortar to mount pieces together?

Thank you. I did not. I tend to change my mind so committing to a final shape day 1 does not work for me ;)

The stand assembly is still on hold. Frustrating...

• Like 1

So IM shipped a replacement stand late last week and should arrive on Wednesday. They came through (and so did MD) but maybe the process was more painful thaN what it should have been. Hopefully this stand will be good enough to at least have parts for 1 good stand :).

The more I look at that scape, the more I dislike it. I am at the point where I need to break up some of the rock I have to try some simpler options. I want a more minimalistic look but I am somewhat paranoid with not having enough rock for adequate nitrifying bacteria even though I am going with twin baskets with floss and chemipure/purigen.

• Like 2

Definitely watching as this more than likely will be what I choose for a bedroom tank that doubles as a frag and "stuff that would die in the bigger predator tank my spouse is making me do first" tank.

• Like 1

The replacement stand arrived today! The box looks somewhat mangled up but I am confident that I will be able to get one prefect stand out of the two fingerscrossed. Will unbox late tonight and will inventory by EOD Friday. Sucks when work gets in the way of the things you want to do...

Since this has taken longer than anticipated, I considered just moving the LR and inhabitants from my BC to the new tank but the DUO is still waiting to be built. No light, no go... I guess I will cycle with dry rock as originally planned.

Setup next steps:

heater - gets here tomorrow

scape - will give it another shot during the weekend once the stand is finished

nano box DUO - pending build

MP10 - will order once the DUO is ready to ship

media baskets - will order once the new design is in inventory