Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

Well, after unboxing the new stand, there are two scratched panels and one significantly damaged wood panel. At least the damaged panel that i needed and the missing hardware are in great condition.

Good grief! At least you are able to get what you need to get the stand made. I have to say, I am kind of glad I bought my IM Fusion stand already made from my LFS. All I had to do was load it in the car, and it was in perfect shape!

Excited to see your build coming along!

Good grief! At least you are able to get what you need to get the stand made. I have to say, I am kind of glad I bought my IM Fusion stand already made from my LFS. All I had to do was load it in the car, and it was in perfect shape!

Excited to see your build coming along!

Dang, how frustrating! So between the two is it going to work?

Yes. Thanks... It is what it is. At least IM sent a replacement and it looks like I will get this going very soon.

• Like 1

Wow 2 to make 1 and still not all that great for you.....seems shipping these days is hit or miss....

Good to hear you are ready to go finally!

• Like 1

The stand is finally good to go. I did have to drill some pilot holes for the door hinge screws since they skipped those in China. I am definitely building my own stand next time...

Since Dave mentioned that the new DUOs will be ready next week for sure, I think I'm just going to wait for it and then just move the stuff from my BC... LR and all except the sand. I prefer my current scape anyway and will just augment with some dry rock once I get it going.

If anyone in South Florida is interested in a BC14 with a Steve's led retrofit kit and stand, let me know :)

• Like 1

Where are the pics? :)

Not much to see but I'll post one over the weekend ;)

In more important news, one of my mushrooms had a baby and looks like the acan is growing by +1... Finally! It is either a slow grower or I am a bad reefer :(. Maybe the latter.

Nice! I love to see my corals grow out. My jawbreaker mushroom had a baby just last week! Some of my acans grow fast, and some don't seem to grow at all. I think it really just depends on the coral itself. Any new growth is a good thing, you must be doing something right!

Nice! I love to see my corals grow out. My jawbreaker mushroom had a baby just last week! Some of my acans grow fast, and some don't seem to grow at all. I think it really just depends on the coral itself. Any new growth is a good thing, you must be doing something right!

True! I think that stabilizing kh and ca with 2 part is what has made a difference...

• Like 1

In tribute to my soon to arrive and wirelessly controlled NBR DUO, I just finished installing a 2nd gen nest thermostat :). They are $50 off as the 3rd gens are out.

It gives me peace of mind that I can change temps while away. I did have a heating issue last winter here in south florida (lol... Really) and my BC14 suffered. Pretty neat so far.

• Like 1

In tribute to my soon to arrive and wirelessly controlled NBR DUO, I just finished installing a 2nd gen nest thermostat :). They are $50 off as the 3rd gens are out.

It gives me peace of mind that I can change temps while away. I did have a heating issue last winter here in south florida (lol... Really) and my BC14 suffered. Pretty neat so far.

You don't have a heater?

With my house at 74 my tank tends to be around 77 to 81, so I have the heater set to 79 to keep it stable :)

You don't have a heater?

With my house at 74 my tank tends to be around 77 to 81, so I have the heater set to 79 to keep it stable :)

It is a long story but yes, I have heaters. I have new 100w Neotherm for the new tank.

I am at 78-79 when the house is set up at 74-75.

Let me know when the frags are ready for pickup! My car is having work done so I have a rental and I love putting miles on it since it's much more fuel efficient than mine.

It is a long story but yes, I have heaters. I have new 100w Neotherm for the new tank.

I am at 78-79 when the house is set up at 74-75.

Let me know when the frags are ready for pickup! My car is having work done so I have a rental and I love putting miles on it since it's much more fuel efficient than mine.

All the frags are small... I have purple cap, red cap, and even a small frag of rainbow montipora! Free Duncan with any purchase lol

Healthy through.

PM'd

Here is the new setup. All remaining items will arrive this week and the tank will be wet on Halloween :o:scarry:

2015-10-15-lagoon.jpg

All the frags are small... I have purple cap, red cap, and even a small frag of rainbow montipora! Free Duncan with any purchase lol

Healthy through.

PM'd

Harry, it was very nice to meet you today. The frags look good! Thank you so much. See the front row below:

2015-10-25-Frag-rack.jpg

While down south, I stopped by Reeftop Aquariums and picked up a blue florida ricordea. The green banded goby always photobombs...

2015-10-25-FLRicordea-Voldemort.jpg

Today's BC14 FTS. This will be the last one before all gets moved to the lagoon on Saturday.

2015-10-15-BC14-FTS.jpg

• Like 3

K, sooo I was going to DIY a stand for this tank... but that grey, dayum

It looks pretty good. This is the finish my fiancé liked the most from the first photos released by IM. I recommend you pick it up at a LFS as I still don't have a 100% good stand. Maybe you are not as demanding as I am but I also wanted to get this thing wet before I retire.

I ordered some Salifert test kits for ca and kh as my api tests are done. During the process, I also ordered an mg test kit. In preparation for my WC tomorrow, these are my current water parameters:

Sg 1.025

Ph 8.4

No3 ~0

Ca 400

Kh 8

Mg 1050

I just dosed 2 part to raise kh a bit.

Should I dose for mg? It seems a bit low. So far, I only dose seachem reef fusion 2 part. I guess I could order some seachem reef advantage mg. Thoughts?

Looks good Geek! Should have done a 50 myself but......

The stand does look sweet but after having one kind of like it I would rather do a home brew. Not suyre what it is but MDF and water just don't get along well :lol:

Looks good Geek! Should have done a 50 myself but......

The stand does look sweet but after having one kind of like it I would rather do a home brew. Not sure what it is but MDF and water just don't get along well :lol:

My fiancé really liked the gray and I am always very busy with work and my son so It made sense to give it a shot. I have not had issues with the stand for the BC14 and I got that MDF used. Fingers crossed...

And... my NBR DUO should match the stand :)

K, sooo I was going to DIY a stand for this tank... but that grey, dayum

Something to note is that, with normal lighting, the stand practically looks black. You can see the gray on the photo because of the flash.

• Like 2