Cultivated Reef

ADA shallow ocean oasis (Aquamaxx 22 long upgrade coming soon)

nismo_sky32

jelly! I almost want to buy another larger shroom. I'll buy your babies.....larger babies. I have a 45-F sitting around as well.

I would so set that 45-F up as a shroom tank! My plan is fill this up with "high end" mushrooms. Once you find the sweet spot, I'm sure your jb will be growing in no time

• Like 1

All this damn mushroom talk up in here and I can't even keep a Ric happy lmao. Looking good though Nismo,for real. Post some pics of some others corals doe :D

You got the one from the live sale? Very nice.

Unfortunately I was at work during most of the sales going on. I found somebody selling a baby a a decent price and jumped on it. Sale is pending until Thursday when I get my Christmas bonus

All this damn mushroom talk up in here and I can't even keep a Ric happy lmao. Looking good though Nismo,for real. Post some pics of some others corals doe :D

Sadly, there's not much more worth sharing in my tank. It's a very slow high end mushroom build

• 1 month later...

Well...today is a sad day as I had to take down my ada 60f. Future living situation is going to limit me to no sumped tanks that are 10 gallons or less. Luckily I had the fusion 10 sitting in my son's room. Moved everything to that tank and will be posting up some things in a sale thread soon

• 4 weeks later...

Well...today is a sad day as I had to take down my ada 60f. Future living situation is going to limit me to no sumped tanks that are 10 gallons or less. Luckily I had the fusion 10 sitting in my son's room. Moved everything to that tank and will be posting up some things in a sale thread soon

Lame! My tank is about 12 gallons (including sump), are they really that strict?

I was actually looking at your tank earlier getting ideas for my 60x30x18 cm tank coming on Friday from aqua lab aquaria. Beautiful setup you have. The landlord is a huge @ss! Actually he's my brother and best friend but asked me to keep it simple due to the nice wood floors he and I just put in. I had no problem agreeing with this due to him helping me through rough times. In all honesty, I like the simplicity of aio tanks so I'm either going to get a custom insert made or just go with a canister and lily pipes and make sure I clean it out weekly during water changes

• Like 2

^sounds good, nice solid idea for filtration. I had an insert made by phong at coral box designs, and it was perfection. Just thought I'd give you an idea.

^sounds good, nice solid idea for filtration. I had an insert made by phong at coral box designs, and it was perfection. Just thought I'd give you an idea.

That's who I'll be going thru if I do the aio insert. His work is awesome and I want to support as many fellow "addicts" as possible. Which build did you have him do the insert for? I was even thinking about going with something completely unique, a full drop in aio unit. No silicone just a snug fit, maybe have it held in place by my prime light mount or magnets on the backside. When cleaning time comes just take it out for a quick rinse. Trademarked by nismo_sky32 LLC lol

I am in no way knocking your build.. its clean AF. and very nice! but it would be really cool to have one that size go across the entire stand, but still shallow!

I am in no way knocking your build.. its clean AF. and very nice! but it would be really cool to have one that size go across the entire stand, but still shallow!

Awesome build. Love what you've done with the ADA

Thank you both for the kind words. I'm very patiently waiting on the delivery of my new shallow tank. I just don't enjoy the fusion 10 like I did the ada. I would love to eventually put a custom built 24x24 x8 on this stand but this tank will do for now

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...so it's time to start updating this thread with the start of build 2.0. Both the ALA 60 tank and reef cleaners rock has been delivered.

15 pounds of white rock

20160219_194341_zps0noobsiw.jpg

Bad pic of a beautiful tank undergoing leak test

20160218_202626_zpswtcrp2br.jpg

I will be picking up an mp10 qd for this build after I move and will be using my existing ai prime for the time being. I'll transfer over all the livestock that was in the original shallow (currently holding in my fusion 10) and some or most of the liverock to avoid another cycle.

Still not sure about filtration for this. It's small enough to go filterless but I hate the film build up on the water surface that can happen without filtration. A few options I've been tossing around are a canister with lily pipes . I've been eyeing the glass surface skimming lily pipe and a jet style return. Another option I've been debating on is a small aio style insert with just enough room for the small neotherm heater and the sicce return pump. Any other ideas are extremely welcome

• 1 month later...
nismo_sky32

Finally moved and settled in and have the new setup running. Still figuring out how I want to go as far as a custom overflow. Gotta sketch something out and get it to MrReefer81. I'm thinking something low profile that uses the mp10 as the return. Gettin it full of shrooms and working on scape as usual. Will get some pics up as soon as I can