ReefCleaners.org

ADA shallow ocean oasis (Aquamaxx 22 long upgrade coming soon)

nismo_sky32

Already got tired of looking at a cube so I switched up my tank yet again! 20151016_135239_zpsyzchvnzx.jpg

Current FTS

20150920_155415_zps6g7nzoiq.jpg

20150920_155457_zpsslrk0s5e.jpg

20150920_160444_zpspx1fb4y1.jpg

The angle I have from my favorite seat in the house

20150923_194559_zpshkbl4nme.jpg

Sumpy goodness

Current equipment

ADA 60f 24x12x7 drilled for glass holes Super Nano Con Dientes overflow

Cadlights 24x24 high gloss white stand. Sold the tank and kept the stand

Eshopps nano cube reef sump

Tunze 9001 skimmer (thinking about the aquamaxx ws-1)

Cadlights 500gph return pump, surprisingly silent (sicce 1.5 very soon. I need a little less flow)

Cal Aqua lily pipe for the return

Tunze 6020 powerhead for extra flow (mp10qd after the holidays)

AI prime for lighting (hydra 26hd or nanobox tide after the holidays)

Fish

Midas blenny

Sixline wrasse (common but I love the way they float carelessly around the aquarium)

Neon dottyback (now in my son's tank due to bad behavior towards his neighbors)

10 snails

3 rfa

Coral

TDF mystery tye die jb

Joker discosoma

Blue/green with red spots disco

Dark purple with green pimple discosoma

Blue/green with yellow spots disco

CC tamarind disco

Random rhodactis

Drab looking yuma (starting to get color)

Bright pink/purple ricordea w/green mouth

image_zpsgf40slku.jpegimage_zpsxoia69we.jpegimage_zps0yvbxysm.jpeg

Got this beautiful piece of art from Marine Depot and I have a custom aio coming soon from oceanbox designs. Working on plans to build a stand to put under it. I've spent way to much time and money switching tanks and plan on this being the final masterpiece. I'll be moving all my livestock over from the current tank and will finally be making an effort at keeping lps

• Like 9

60fs have always been the best tanks. what a beautiful build.

Thanks man! Always loved your shallow tanks. I was thinking about making the switch since the day after I set up the cube but didn't want to stress out the fish too much. During my routine tank cleaning I cracked the return bulkhead. After going to 3 lfs without finding a double threaded half inch bulkhead, I decided to drill the 60f for the overflow and use my lily pipe for the return. I'm glad I cracked that bulkhead lol

• Like 1

wow thats nuts. really like the way it turned out. kinda wish i would have done mine that way. is that a glass holes overflow box?

Yep. It's the same super nano overflow I had on my 15 gallon zen and the 12 gallon cube. I put it dead center on the end instead of slightly offset like the other 2 tanks since I was only drilling one hole this time. Really happy with how it turned out

Thanks! It's the 60f so about 8 gallons before loss of volume from rock and substrate.

Dang, it doesn't look like 8G at all, looks like 20g or larger. that's why i love long and shallow tanks.

• Like 1

20150924_221022_zps4xvyo67u.jpg

Ran to the lfs after my son's football practice and picked up some new goodies. An 8 inch piece of dragons breath macro, a dark blue zoa with orange skirt and a few all black stomatella snails (in hiding). I'll get another pic of the zoas when they open. It was hard to pass up about 20 polyps for $15. I'm fortunate to have a decent lfs that gets some nicer zoas for fairly cheap. I'm thinking about starting a zoa garden in the open sandy area

• Like 4

20150924_221022_zps4xvyo67u.jpg

Ran to the lfs after my son's football practice and picked up some new goodies. An 8 inch piece of dragons breath macro, a dark blue zoa with orange skirt and a few all black stomatella snails (in hiding). I'll get another pic of the zoas when they open. It was hard to pass up about 20 polyps for $15. I'm fortunate to have a decent lfs that gets some nicer zoas for fairly cheap. I'm thinking about starting a zoa garden in the open sandy area

Nice tank.

• Like 1

I love these Ada tanks,such awesome dims. Looking ridiculous already,do me one favor and let this one fill in lol !!!

That's the plan lol. That was the plan with the other two but I'm glad I accidently cracked the return bulkhead on the last tank or this one would've never came to be. Not sure if I'm feeling the zos. A local showed interest in them so they might get traded

Good shit,I dig the set up though man. Also,those xmen's (especially down here) are tough to come by and super f*cking expensive online !!!!

I think they're xmen???

20150925_175145_zpsqjgpu9i8.jpg

The place I got them said they had a comic book name lol. The bigger polyps are too big to be spiderman and they have a whitish green mouth under blue light in person

Awesome. What's lighting this puppy?

I'm lighting it worth an AI prime. A little shadowing at the far end but I'm not going to put much there

20150925_190232_zpsaftnlwok.jpg

I'll have to update my first post for those who haven't seen my prior build

20150925_190100_zpsv9xc1vi0.jpg

Awesome $5 shroom I picked up at the lfs last week. Was brown under their lighting. Started turning purple, getting pimples and I noticed white striping when I got home from work today

• Like 2

20150930_170239_zpsqeyyw7ht.jpg

Full stand and tank. Decided to pull out the middle support from the front of the stand to make things more accessible. I figure weight from this little tank shouldn't be an issue but I'll watch for sagging

• Like 3