Cultivated Reef

ADA shallow ocean oasis (Aquamaxx 22 long upgrade coming soon)

nismo_sky32

i want him!!! what kind is he?

Neon dottyback. Supposed to be little @$$holes but he's tiny right now and behaving. He's got awesome color and I got him for a steal

clean build

Thank you. I'm trying to keep it clean, fairly simple and energy friendly

So after stopping my pump and restarting it, I found that the overflow takes a few minutes to catch up to the output. Using the lily pipe and having 6 inches less head height must give me a little more gph from the return pump. If I wasn't paying attention, I would've had water all over the floor. I'm looking into a pump that is a slightly weaker and less energy consumption.

what one is in there now?

I'm still using the cadlights Chinese 500gph. Thing is quiet and hasn't given me any issues yet. Looks just like the tunze and sicce on the outside, only green. Thinking something around 400gph before head loss would be perfect. I looked for my tlf valve to control the flow but couldn't find it

i have a eheim 1250 that i have used for about a year that im going to sell. looking for a bit more gph

I think that's just a tad bit to long for my pump area. I'm leaning towards a sicce 1.5

• Like 1

I like this tank, very elegant looking. Definitely a nice fit for a sweet mushroom/zoa garden.

Thank you! It only took 8 tanks to figure out which one I liked best lol

Ran to the better lfs today and walked out with 3 mushroom and 1 ricordea for $40. A mint green rhodactis, 2 purple/red and turquoise rhodactis and what looks like a rainbow yuma. Even tho the rhodactis aren't fancy, still think I got a good deal. I'll get some pics once they're settled in

• Like 1

Your setup is super clean! Where do you keep all of your supplies?

The only supplies I have are my bucket of salt, a few gallons of distilled water, an empty 5 gallon bucket and that's about it.

• Like 1

great peninsula layout, really love it. also love the neon dotty, always been afraid to get one myself for alrdy said reasons but i do admire them frequently in the shop... great small fish.

great peninsula layout, really love it. also love the neon dotty, always been afraid to get one myself for alrdy said reasons but i do admire them frequently in the shop... great small fish.

Thank you. The neon has behaved so far but he's only a third the size of my blenny and wrasse. Dotties are one of my favorite just too bad you need a large tank to have more than one

• Like 1

Came home this morning to my cats playing ping pong with a headless melanarus wrasse. Something must have spooked it and it made it thru the tiny space by my lily pipe. Sad to see her go like this. Guess I have an open vacancy to fill now

Screenshot_2015-10-05-14-43-16_zpsnvwmpr

Thinking about pulling out rock 4, shifting over 5 where 4 is then moving 6 and 7 back and to the right to open things up. Any thoughts on this? Trying to get more of a minimalist look