inTank Media Baskets

The lone Mangrove-New scape and mantis

Giga

hurry i need a fix!!!!

​o i was gonna ask you giga i wanna stick a few mangroves in my overflow box. you think they will grow?

5th page and you'll get a crazy fix.Sure it'll grow-but once the use the energy stored in the pod-it'll wither a bit-My guide covers more then I can answer in this post-plus i'll be updating that sometime in the near future.

So totally following this, think my next tank will be a large shallow tank looking to have a lagoon type setup featuring a mangrove island. There are some seriously cool mangrove tanks on the go on this forum currently as well as prior master pieces by the likes of yourself.

Do it!-i'll help any way I can, and thanks for the kind words

sooooooo about that video.....

Watch in 1080p-this is just a teaser and showing the color-even though it's full spectrum. Aso don't pay attention to the pvc I was working in the tank

• Like 6
jedimasterben

Watch in 1080p-this is just a teaser and showing the color-even though it's full spectrum

that's like a teaser of a teaser.

turd :P

• Like 6

that's like a teaser of a teaser.

turd :P

hahahaha 100%

Well I did say I was gonna do a 1080p video on the color I'm getting :P so turd I may be but I never did a video for my last tank so i'm expanding my horizons

• Like 4

Oh my word now I can't go to bed ffs

^Word. Post those pics!

my camera is not very good so pardon some of the shots

First we'll start with a fts- This mangrove is only about 4 years old or so, it still needs much more maturing before I'm happy with it. The PVC is holding the mangrove up while the prop roots reach down, will be removed once they hit the sand/rock .There are 4 new ones coming down currently-4th is coming from within the canopy.

10121518172_zpswhtq9pjs.jpg

underwater scape- I'm still converting it to SW so it's pretty bare,i'm at about 1.08 right now

1012151907a_HDR2_zpsfv1jx0gu.jpg

pardon the heater its the only part of the filtration thats not hidden yet- The filtration is going full tilt in all these pics-it's hidden very well, I didn't want any equipment to be distracting.

1012151910a_zpslqxjfkhr.jpg

Another angle shot

10121519142_zpsjuwsj1sk.jpg

valley that will be filled with some macro n coral soon

10121519312_zpsu4mrahzl.jpg

More roots

1012151919a2_zpseu3ntybd.jpg

The canopy-Not to bad don't you think? pretty dense and lots of branches?

1012151919_zps7jrugbmw.jpg

So what you think thus far?

• Like 14

I love the scape.

The only suggestion I have is to maybe slope the sand from front to back (higher in back, a bit lower in front) to give it more of a sense of depth when viewing it from the front.

• Like 3

I love the scape.

The only suggestion I have is to maybe slope the sand from front to back (higher in back, a bit lower in front) to give it more of a sense of depth when viewing it from the front.

Yes, I thought that too but the roots of the mangrove dictated the scape-plus there is filtration hidden in the back that prevents the slop as well. I'll take a picture to show what I mean

Seriously awesome stuff mate. Really epic build :).

Thank you-it's not 100% and doesn't have the scale the other tank did but nether the less it will be cool none the less.

That. Is. SICK!

November TOTM.

Thanks so much! but lets wait till it's stocked and grown in a bit-it's not quite there yet.

Holy hell..........................

That is all.

:haha:

Your ideas are the most creative I've ever seen here. Kudos again.

Some work out some do not-this is so much better in person but I feel this one make the good list lol

It was worth the wait

I was gonna wait even longer but I couldn't help myself :P

• Like 2

WOW. This is seriously way more amazing than I anticipated, and I already had high expectations! I'll definitely have to take a few pages from your book, and this is making me want to make my project come to life a lot faster. Very well done!!!

• Like 1

my camera is not very good so pardon some of the shots

First we'll start with a fts- This mangrove is only about 4 years old or so, it still needs much more maturing before I'm happy with it. The PVC is holding the mangrove up while the prop roots reach down, will be removed once they hit the sand/rock .There are 4 new ones coming down currently-4th is coming from within the canopy.

10121518172_zpswhtq9pjs.jpg

underwater scape- I'm still converting it to SW so it's pretty bare,i'm at about 1.08 right now

1012151907a_HDR2_zpsfv1jx0gu.jpg

pardon the heater its the only part of the filtration thats not hidden yet- The filtration is going full tilt in all these pics-it's hidden very well, I didn't want any equipment to be distracting.

1012151910a_zpslqxjfkhr.jpg

Another angle shot

10121519142_zpsjuwsj1sk.jpg

valley that will be filled with some macro n coral soon

10121519312_zpsu4mrahzl.jpg

More roots

1012151919a2_zpseu3ntybd.jpg

The canopy-Not to bad don't you think? pretty dense and lots of branches?

1012151919_zps7jrugbmw.jpg

Wow looks outstanding bro.....the lord of mangroves has done it once again :closedeyes: What's your plan for livestock?

• Like 2