Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tank Stand Height?

shawnriv

Hello Everyone,

I am beginning a 48 x 24 x 13 shallow tank build and wondering what size stand would pair well. My concern is how tall to make the stand since shallow tanks look odd if it's resting on a huge stand. The stand it came with is 40.5 inches high and it really takes away from the tank itself since the stand seems obnoxiously large.

Therefore, how tall of a stand would you recommend for my size tank?

Thanks.

CatfishSoupFTW

I just built a stand for a 55 gallon, 48x12x16? 18? tank, and I made it 30 tall. Perfect for viewing standing up. Though your tank is 13 tall, so I would imagine the stand at 40 inches would be great. Got any pics? I feel like it would look kinda neat.

30 would be too low or the lowest you should go. chances are, youd end up looking down into the tank rather than face to face.

You could always go for 35? 5 inches of material gone can make quite the difference, considering its 4 feet in length.

My 48x24x17 is on about 36" or so. I love it. It's the perfect viewing height for me at 5'2" and my husband at 5'10" and our neighbor at 6'2". I've gotten a lot of compliments about the height because people really hate bending or sitting to look at a tank. I was glad to find out I'm not the only one that hates that.

How we figured out the height was what the middle of the tank would be at eye level (we did it between me and my husband, so my eye level is a little below the middle) and then take the appropriate amount of inches off to get the stand height.

My 48x24x17 is on about 36" or so. I love it. It's the perfect viewing height for me at 5'2" and my husband at 5'10" and our neighbor at 6'2". I've gotten a lot of compliments about the height because people really hate bending or sitting to look at a tank. I was glad to find out I'm not the only one that hates that.

How we figured out the height was what the middle of the tank would be at eye level (we did it between me and my husband, so my eye level is a little below the middle) and then take the appropriate amount of inches off to get the stand height.

You sounds exactly like my fiancé and I. I am 5'10" and she is 5'1". That's too funny!

I like was actually really thinking about making it 36 inches (3 feet) in height. Since you guys sound almost identical to us, I may have to do so now. Lol. :P

37 inches tall on the one I built for my Fusion 20 that is 13 inches tall. Works out perfect for me. I am like lkoechle and don't like to bend over to look into a tank......

Archived