Pod Your Reef

Wretched 66 SCA

Wretched

That's what mind did, was either laying on rocks or sand for about 2-3 days, then would hide soon as anyone approached the tank. Now it's always out and about until lights out when it hides for the night.

Thanks for the re-assurance. He doesn't seem unhealthy, just very reclusive. The two females tested their limits swimming out in the open a little but but very skittish. Im hoping they come around. The male wouldn't eat, the females ate a couple pieces of mysis

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bro, I love the scape! The tank is put together well. The zoa rock will look so sweet once grown in.

Thank you sir, lots of real estate to work with now. Unfortunately the new male anthias I got didn't make it. After acclimating he still had problems swimming. Took him back to the LFS and they gave me a new sunburst anthias. The other two seems to be ok, but very skittish. They do try to come out once and a while and eat but nothing certain yet. They hide behind rocks.

Thanks for the re-assurance. He doesn't seem unhealthy, just very reclusive. The two females tested their limits swimming out in the open a little but but very skittish. Im hoping they come around. The male wouldn't eat, the females ate a couple pieces of mysis

Male was sent to fish heaven this morning. Found him on the ground with my crabs eating him. Not sure what, but he had problems swimming. Always sitting in the sand.

Thank you sir, lots of real estate to work with now. Unfortunately the new male anthias I got didn't make it. After acclimating he still had problems swimming. Took him back to the LFS and they gave me a new sunburst anthias. The other two seems to be ok, but very skittish. They do try to come out once and a while and eat but nothing certain yet. They hide behind rocks.

Male was sent to fish heaven this morning. Found him on the ground with my crabs eating him. Not sure what, but he had problems swimming. Always sitting in the sand.

That sucks. One of my Chromis did that last week out of nowhere and same thing, next morning crabs were having breakfast. Give it about 2 weeks and I am sure the others will stop being so skittish.

That sucks. One of my Chromis did that last week out of nowhere and same thing, next morning crabs were having breakfast. Give it about 2 weeks and I am sure the others will stop being so skittish.

The anthias I got today, same thing.. Hiding out in a crevice in my rock, the other two are doing fine. I feed they come out and swim in the feast but spit the food back out. Tried Mysis, baby brine, freeze dried phytoplankton, home made frozen w/ a bunch of stuff... Yikes. If this sunburst goes, i'll just accept the loss and not add anymore to the tank.

Unfortunate news, the third Anthias did not make it. I watched my hermit crab deliver the final KO... With a little humor on the matter... still a better fight than Pacquio v. Mayweather.

RIP little buddy.

IMG_20150927_204421_zps4jsw9g9p.jpg

Congrats on the upgrade, it all looks great :).

Thank you very much!

Very odd since the other 2 are fine and all your other fish are doing good.

Yep, all fish are doing great... The two female anthias are still skittish but come out and swim with all the other schoolers and tang no problem. I've managed to RIP two anthias in two days. Maybe 3 is not a lucky number for me and anthias... I dripped all of them for 2 hours, same acclimation method.

Tank looks amazing. Anthias are pigs. If not eating thats not a good sign. Sucks ass to lose such cool fish. I am not gonna ask the questions about water quality as you know what you are doing. Were they eating at the LFS? How long did they have them? I am probably gonna catch some flack for this but why the 2 hr. drip acclimation?

Tank looks amazing. Anthias are pigs. If not eating thats not a good sign. Sucks ass to lose such cool fish. I am not gonna ask the questions about water quality as you know what you are doing. Were they eating at the LFS? How long did they have them? I am probably gonna catch some flack for this but why the 2 hr. drip acclimation?

Thank you sir. The two are eating. I couldn't get the 'thirds' to eat. The two are out and about now, schooling with my Chromis'. The fish store said he had them for a week. He sells them in singles, or sets of 4 for 80. I was trying to find the 4th and it was dead on the top of the tank. So there's a first warning, but I proceeded to buy the 3 for 50 for the deal in hopes of keeping them alive in a better environment. Reason I refer to them as 'thirds' is because some reason I managed to kill the third fish, twice. The two, doing great. They're breaking the initial shyness and swimming mid tank. The two hour drip is just my practice for acclimating fish.. My LRFS(Local reef fish store) keeps their salinity at 1.022. I run mine at .025, figure two hours would be good to acclimate temp and salinity.

After reading more into the symptoms and anthias behavior, I came to a few reasons of death.

1- Running in thirds, getting harassed (though I didn't notice aggression) My tanks very peaceful.

2- Anthias are deep water and I shocked him via aquarium without proper quarantine.

3- Diseased OR stressed from the store and shipping.

He had about 10 of them in a small compartment tank that were huddled up into PVC tubing.

Had another RIP today, lawnmower blenny decided he liked the open floor rather than the beautiful mini ocean i've provided for him. He was crusty as can be on the floor when I came in.

Think it's time to hit up smiz for a badass tank cover

On the other hand this tank is so awesome great scape

What's this bad ass tank cover you speak of sir?

Thank you, I love the tank... but man, unfortunate circumstances since the move!!

Had another RIP today, lawnmower blenny decided he liked the open floor rather than the beautiful mini ocean i've provided for him. He was crusty as can be on the floor when I came in.

Your last few days of luck with fish sounds like mine last week. First had a green chromis decide life wasn't worth living anymore. Then in my other tank the one clown thought it would be fun to kill the other one it had lived with for months. And finally I had the jawfish that was just fine one day, drop dead the next.

Definitely message Smiz about a top if you decide to go that route. I still need to get back to him on the dimensions of the JBJ 45 to get a price.

thecoralbeauty

AH! I love this! I actually lean towards shallow tanks, usually, but your scape is gorgeous. Sorry about the fish troubles. I love anthias and hope to have some someday when i go to a bigger tank... Love their colors and their personalities. Anyway, beautiful tank! Sorry I missed out on the beginnings of this.

Look up smiz

Thanks bros i'll check it out.

Your last few days of luck with fish sounds like mine last week. First had a green chromis decide life wasn't worth living anymore. Then in my other tank the one clown thought it would be fun to kill the other one it had lived with for months. And finally I had the jawfish that was just fine one day, drop dead the next.

Definitely message Smiz about a top if you decide to go that route. I still need to get back to him on the dimensions of the JBJ 45 to get a price.

Yep looking into a top. Pay day on the 1st woop!

AH! I love this! I actually lean towards shallow tanks, usually, but your scape is gorgeous. Sorry about the fish troubles. I love anthias and hope to have some someday when i go to a bigger tank... Love their colors and their personalities. Anyway, beautiful tank! Sorry I missed out on the beginnings of this.

Thank you, Ms. It's only a few peices of large rock. Nothing had changed from the switchover just more space for everything I love it! No worries, welcome -- again :)!

Sorry about the fish :(

I hate when they carpet surf or when causes are unknown. ugh.

Sad days. You know? After everyone talking to me, and most advice I heard was.... "They're just anthias." Meaning, anthias are common to not adequately adapt to reef tanks. But my two are doing great! I love them...

In other news folks.... I got some news to report.

I THINK I NEED A BIGGER TANK. lol

2015-09-30_14.20.37_zpsa1nt67p6.jpg

Just had an idea! Already working on it... So I have an old stand from my Red Sea Max aquarium... I decided to run all my cables, and ato into it... On the top I plan to culture my own pods. I have a 10g tank sitting in the backyard, eventually leading up to me buying a mandarin once I can sustain my own!

check it!

20150930_220130_zpseuo8axr3.jpg

Look at that sexy light! Can't decide which is my favorite. That giant green toad or that epic z/p rock! At any rate, damn good job on this new build bud!

Look at that sexy light! Can't decide which is my favorite. That giant green toad or that epic z/p rock! At any rate, damn good job on this new build bud!

Ah hey bro!! Thanks for stopping by! I love the light! Ecosmart is a little finnicky at first, but I think I got it down. Things are doing great. Went along very well with my build. But lets face it, that leather is a beast! Thanks again! Loving it...

Archived