ReefCleaners.org

New Red Sea Reefer 170

Chas19

Ahh at work and girlfriend just called our new tank just arrived. Going to be a long 4 hours of work left. We are upgrading from a IM nano fusion to the reefer 170. Going to be a fun weekend of building and tank transfer.

Yeah stand is included.

How many gallons does it hold and what was the $ for that set up? i have seen them in videos before and they look very nice.

How many gallons does it hold and what was the $ for that set up? i have seen them in videos before and they look very nice.

The 170 is 34 gallon. Saw these at MACNA and they looked really nice.

Congrats! I just got mine week ago. White and shiny :)

Make sure you have someone to help you - its heavy, built like a tank

Built like a tank. I see what you did there :)

Anyone take out sponge between the skimmer chamber and return chamber? I know it's there to stop bubbles from the skimmer just noticed tonight that chamber overflowing the baffle into the return chamber.

If it is overflowing over the sponge you need to either lower the water level in the system or adjust the downflow on your main drain pipe, for my reefer 250 i find that the perfect water level sits 1 inch below the emergency drain pipe (middle pipe in overflow) and that keeps the drain silent as well as keeps the water in the sump at the correct levels

• 2 weeks later...

Well had to build a screen top for the tank I can't find my tailspot blenny anywhere. Took a bit to find a way around the overflow and I ordered some screen clips for 10mm glass for the innovative marine sr-60 from premium aquatics.

post-33856-0-47354500-1443131508_thumb.jpg

Tank has been transferred and up and running. Everything looks great. I have desktop minimax reactor from the old tank running ROX Carbon. I was looking at adding a BRS mini reactor to run carbon and GFO. But was also thinking about starting biopellets. I like how easy the mini max reactors are so easy to work on but not sure if that would be a good fit for biopellets. Also should I wait on biopellets I have had nitrate issues in the past just trying to prevent it. My nitrate test was 5ppm last week.

• 1 month later...

Just added a BRS mini reactor for carbon and CPR tumble for biopellets and my skimmer is not skimming now. Is that because of the new equipment in the tank?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived