Cultivated Reef

Justin Fox's Nuvo 16

justinfox

It's louder (my stock pump was quiet!), but quieter today than last night!

hmm interesting. Everyone says the sicce 1.5 is a lot more quite and produces way more flow. You'll have to keep us informed on the pump.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be a break-in thing and it could also be that its floating and not suction cupped to the bottom? I'll see how it goes in a week. Definitely a lot more flow though!

bollinger2.jpg

Poppin' bottles with models! Spot the Nuvo in the background? Maybe not? :D

I'm not a professional photographer, but I think you focused this wrong. B)

So last weekend (Sunday is tank maintenance day!) I decided to remove the IM MiniMax Reactor as I suspected that it wasn't working (I had carbon in there and last water change I noticed a slight discolouration in the water removed from the tank). True enough, the pump was dead and it probably hasn't been working the whole time. :angry:

I've found a cheap 50GPH pump on eBay and have ordered it, hopefully it's a perfect fit (looks very similar to the factory IM pump). Otherwise I'll just leave the reactor out of the equation and chuck a bag of carbon in it's place! :)

reefernanoman

So last weekend (Sunday is tank maintenance day!) I decided to remove the IM MiniMax Reactor as I suspected that it wasn't working (I had carbon in there and last water change I noticed a slight discolouration in the water removed from the tank). True enough, the pump was dead and it probably hasn't been working the whole time. :angry:

I've found a cheap 50GPH pump on eBay and have ordered it, hopefully it's a perfect fit (looks very similar to the factory IM pump). Otherwise I'll just leave the reactor out of the equation and chuck a bag of carbon in it's place! :)

That's what I have been doing all these years since 2005(just throwing a bag of carbon in there). Heck, I don't even run a skimmer on y NC 28G. Most of the filtration is done by your LR anyways.

frags.jpg

Delivery from Oceanarium. Look at the size of that snail! New pink birdsnest frags in the tank from Victoria. A local fragger. Tank is a bit of a mess! It's going through it's ugly phase that's for sure!

nassarius.jpg

Biggest nassarius snail I've ever seen!

mess.jpg

Oceanarium sure are generous. The green monti frags are HUGE! So too the Xenia frag.

Wow, those green monti frags really are huge! The one I got from them was about the size of a 50c piece. This tank is really starting to take shape.

Tank is a mess! So much ugly algae, but it's slowly going away and I expect the tank to look real nice and clean in a week or so from now.

newguy.jpg

PS: I got a new guy!

Was super nervous adding him as I know a lot of people out there have issues with Dottybacks, but I took the risk and amazingly they're AOK! The Six Line did chase him around a little bit at feeding time, but apart from that he holds his own just fine! He did have a go at my larger ghost shrimp though, who's now in hiding. Hopefully he'll settle in and leave the shrimp alone.

damsel.jpg

New FTS from first light this morning (the leather is pissed as he fell off the rockwork).

So I got another new guy this week; an Azure Damselfish! He's the final fish addition to the tank and amazingly he's fitting right in! The Six Line ignores him and the Dottyback actually likes hanging with him! The tank just feels so much more balanced with 3 fish in it. Very happy!

The hair algae is still there in bits, but it's going away and getting cleaner by the day. Still very much a work in progress, and waiting on a delivery of some more corals in 2 weeks from now.

I might set my old dosing set-up on this tank this weekend, maaaaaaaybe!

Wow. This makes me want to get a Nuvo 16 now, that FTS is spectacular!

Get the Fusion 20 of the 25 lagoon...the 16 curved glass has been an issue in terms of structural failure.

What are those 4 little switches up on the wall? Sorry.. super off topic / random question haha.. Is that what they light switches look like in Australia?!

What are those 4 little switches up on the wall? Sorry.. super off topic / random question haha.. Is that what they light switches look like in Australia?!

That's more of a designer style but yes, our light/power switches are that style instead of the full panel/half panel style in the US and Canada.

Archived