• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few photos of the tankmates!

shrimp.jpg

Hey Mama!

shrimp2.jpg

Mama shrimp head on.

stripey1.jpgWhat I think might be a stripey juvenile.

goby2b.jpgGoby #1.

goby2a.jpgHe's pretty cute.

goby1b.jpg

Goby #2 has really huge side fins and nice banding too (both gobies change colours depending on what they're lying on).

goby1a.jpgGoby #2 is cute too!

shroom.jpgShroom.

xenia.jpgXenia in some morning light.

I need to go buy a huge clump of Xenia... that's such a nice healthy looking piece you have..

I've still not found the really fast pulsing xenia in any shops locally. I'm sure I'll come across it someday!

--

Just a small update; went rock pooling at 6am this morning, I got up at 5am, not sure why! It was bang on low tide so I got up and and headed down to the local boat ramp and picked up some macro. I also took a small urchin, a small red anemone (which I managed to get off it's rock with my fingernail), and a large bristle star. Adding the anemone crashed the tank though! I did a 50% water change and lost the 3 fish I had in the Nuvo (the shrimp are fine). My bad. I've since done another massive water change and I'm just going to leave the tank to cycle for a while.

PS: Xenia and Leather moved to my frag tank for now. I've also been playing with the scape!

nuvo16-reef-nano-tank-justinfox.jpgFTS.

macro.jpgThis funky plating macro has a really nice blue/purple colour to it.

How cool is that. I don't mean the crash, but the "can't sleep put hand in water got something new for my tank" thing. Living by the edge of the sea!

The mask is kinda freaking me out. In addition to all the other stuff you are in some secret hacker group or sth?

Is the anemone in the Nuvo 16? It looks like its on the top-center?

Did it die or just the tank crashed after the addition? Bummer

Yeah that's the one! See... thing is, everything in my little plastic container with him in it just looked so second rate by the time I got home (I'm only a few minutes away). Slimy and yucky. The anemone didn't look dead though so I put him in, and this morning I can see he's moved, but I can also see damage on his foot still from me scraping him off. The urchin is dead, shrimp still cool this morning though.

Lesson learned: Don't just chuck everything I collect into the one container!!!

How cool is that. I don't mean the crash, but the "can't sleep put hand in water got something new for my tank" thing. Living by the edge of the sea!

The mask is kinda freaking me out. In addition to all the other stuff you are in some secret hacker group or sth?

100%! I love living by the ocean!

And lol the mask! It's a "Kitsune" mask. Kitsune translates Fox in Japanese (my surname), this one is hand painted from a Kitsune Temple in Japan! I have a few of them lying around the house (just for fun!).

kitsune_mask.jpg

kitsune_emily_3.jpg

She is a cutie isn't she hehe.

Normally on this forum, this phrase is reserved for GBG. You know you are in a Justin Fox thread when that isn't who it is referring to.

Where's the sympathy? It's obvious his A/C broke down - poor guy must be having an awful time.

If that what an awful time looks like, I want to have an awful time like that too.

LOL everyone!

PS: New scape again! Pics soon. Just the shrimp and the star, still not 100% on the scape (I had it, then I tried to move it, then I lost it, you know how it goes!).

Archived