Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gooburz Navy Deployment More pics 03 Nov, Almost Home!

Gooburz

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's war are you in on, in this one dude? #controversial #ComeONtheYanksGetWhereWaterCant #IfyouWantHardcoreScottishSAS

What do you mean who's war am I in on? And what dude? I'm sorry but I don't follow.

Man that 5 inch gun looks mean as hell, intimidation times 10.

Very nasty indeed but my personal fav gun is the 25mm, I'll get a pic of it up soon enough. Armor piercing, high explosive, incendiary rounds. All in 1 just nasty round that is going to ruin your day, after it punches through a steel hull it explodes and then burns through everything and anything.

Those 25mm sound like hell to anyone on the receiving end. My old time favorite are the .50cal round, I always like watching those old ww2 films with p-47 and p51 lighting those .50 cal barrel , not a cannon round but still awesome, is the gun in your ship that shoots the 25mm round a M242 Bushmaster

Best part about Sundays underway is Holiday Routine which means now that it is 0700 I'm taking my ass to bed for the whole day! Time to catch up on some much needed sleep! 15+ hour days catches up to you after 6+ months :( I MISS MY WEEKENDS haha

I remember I got to shoot the 5" when I went on a tiger cruise years ago. So much power at the press of a button, lol. Deck mounted 50 cals are more fun though.

All in all a great Sunday, felt amazing to sleep in and get some well needed rest. How's everyone's tank doing today? For now a few more photos.

There's our 25mm, beast of a gun

150514-N-TP976-015.jpg

Us making our way over to the middle east

150116-N-TP976-014.jpg

Couldn't resist another photo of our Steel Beach picnics

P1010007%203.jpg

Smooth sailing brother.........NAVY is the only way to go.........Thanks for serving.

I did 5 1/2 years on the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga CV-60, 1980 - 1985. Electricians mate 2nd class. Doing a 30 year reunion with a bunch of my fellow shipmates in a couple weeks in Philly.

There is nothing like a sunrise or sunset at sea.

Stay safe.

To cook? ;)

No smart-ass!! She wasn't quite a meteorologist but did something like that... I wanna say helped predict the current patterns or something. I was like 10 years old when she was on ships. She'd send me cool postcards from the places they stopped.

To cook? ;)

LMAO, that's gonna get you whooped.

No smart-ass!! She wasn't quite a meteorologist but did something like that... I wanna say helped predict the current patterns or something. I was like 10 years old when she was on ships. She'd send me cool postcards from the places they stopped.

And I'd say she was an AG (Aerographer's Mate), they are the meteorologist and deal with weather patterns.

I've been trying to do post cards from everywhere but I've found that it is easier to grab flags from every place and once I finish off my "Man cave" I'm going to hang up all my Navy stuff over the years along with the flags.

Snorkeling today in the Red Sea in Eilat Israel. Such beautiful marine life and corals. Saw so many large clams, such amazing colors. Largest one I saw was bigger than my head. Sucks I have no camera to take pics underwater.

Will post pics of this port visit soon. The Red Sea has such clear beautiful water

Wow Gooburz; Super cool thread and pic's. Thanks for your commitment and hard work. Keep 'em coming!!!

Just FYI if you ever do get a camera. I just got a Canon G16 (amazing camera) it has an underwater mode and does FANTASTIC underwater shots. I got the plastic housing for it which kept it dry and clean. My little avatar was shot with that camera.

Sorry for the lack of updates the past week, Israel wore me out and now we are back out to sea and I went from night shift to days so I'm still getting adjusted. I'll post some more soon enough!

So only 1 pic to update, I've been so busy I haven't had a min to post anything. Finally winding down a 16 hour day :(

But I do have a pic from our gun shoot yesterday in 110 degree heat, was so hot with no wind and that is me on the end shotting. Shot my best that day shockingly enough.

150922-N-ZF498-407.jpg

Archived