SaltCritters.com

Gooburz Navy Deployment More pics 03 Nov, Almost Home!

Gooburz

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

almost home man. Question, how often does the navy get deployed and whats the general amount of time? 8 months is a VERY long time to not be home

Just got word today the Deep Blue 80 Breeder they ordered for me had a huge crack in it on the side, almost made me cry! Thankfully the manager that has been helping me put in another order for one and is having it overnighted and should be there by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. They have been awesome, can't wait to pick it up! Pray for me this one arrives un-damaged!!!!

almost home man. Question, how often does the navy get deployed and whats the general amount of time? 8 months is a VERY long time to not be home

It all depends on where you are stationed at, forward deployed places like Japan and Rota go out all the time, it's a VERY fast paced tempo and not one I'd want to do being married. I'm in Norfolk and it's usually over a year or sometimes more often, just all depends on whats going on in the world and many other variables that would take forever to explain :P. Yes 8 months is a hella long time and it's kinda become the norm now a days. Thankfully this is my LAST one before I transition into civilian life in a little over a year.

HELL YEAH. GET THAT 80 GOINGGGGG

Picking up the 80 gallon today along with all the lumber for the stand!!! I have duty tomorrow (stuck on ship all day) but then Tuesday I start the build! Look for my build in members forums tomorrow!

righttirefire

Take some time with momma first... the tank will be there tomorrow. Fortunately my girl is out of town for the weekend. Lol

FINALLY! I'LL BE HOME NEXT WEEKEND!!!! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg Get to see the wife after 8+ L O N G months of being away, Deep Blue 80 Breeder is ready for pick up. Couldn't ask for more than that! Hope everyone has a great Halloween and I look forward to making my build thread so keep an eye out for it. Sorry for no more pics, my phone is dead so I'll have to upload them another time.

Money on it, she's been through most of your "friends" lol..

• 1 month later...
Air_Cooled_Nut

It all depends on where you are stationed at, forward deployed places like Japan and Rota go out all the time, it's a VERY fast paced tempo and not one I'd want to do being married. I'm in Norfolk and it's usually over a year or sometimes more often, just all depends on whats going on in the world and many other variables that would take forever to explain :P. Yes 8 months is a hella long time and it's kinda become the norm now a days...

Damn, 8+ months! In my day it was 6 months, usually longer if you were stationed on an aircraft carrier (this was during the time the Middle East started to get frisky). I did two deployments to the Persian Gulf in 2.5 years.

Glad you made it back home safe. Yeah, I really feel for the boys who come home after deployment and have been replaced or their toddlers run away and cry from them because they don't recognize daddy :(

• 1 month later...

Damn, 8+ months! In my day it was 6 months, usually longer if you were stationed on an aircraft carrier (this was during the time the Middle East started to get frisky). I did two deployments to the Persian Gulf in 2.5 years.

Glad you made it back home safe. Yeah, I really feel for the boys who come home after deployment and have been replaced or their toddlers run away and cry from them because they don't recognize daddy :(

Not gonna lie, it's been rough, really rough. I've been depressed and been struggling a lot. Things have been amazing st home with the wife, better than ever but everything else has been lacking and tough. 8+ months in a small steel box takes its toll everytime.

Not gonna lie, it's been rough, really rough. I've been depressed and been struggling a lot. Things have been amazing st home with the wife, better than ever but everything else has been lacking and tough. 8+ months in a small steel box takes its toll everytime.

Hope you start feeling better soon. :flower:

I am so sorry. I saw a commercial about a program called the wounded warrior project. I hope I got that right. It's supposed to help Hero's like you when you get home. It takes a strong man to accomplish all you have. I hope you feel better soon.❤️

I'm doing ok, was just a rough past week for reasons I just don't get lol. Never been the unhappy or down type at all and I think that's what was bugging me so much was I just didn't understand why I was feeling down. Thankfully I got my reef tank and my awesome wife!

Just added some new SUPER bright green mushrooms that i've been looking for for awhile. LFS owner is awesome and hooked me up with a rock with at least 20 of them on it for only $50

Mushrooms.jpg

Gooburz,

Love reading this thread! Congrats on your award.

I am working on a construction project with the Navy at Pt. Mugu now. Ideally enjoy working with the Navy guys.

David

Too many cocktails?! I "really" enjoy......

Archived