Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gooburz Navy Deployment More pics 03 Nov, Almost Home!

Gooburz

So only 1 pic to update, I've been so busy I haven't had a min to post anything. Finally winding down a 16 hour day :(

But I do have a pic from our gun shoot yesterday in 110 degree heat, was so hot with no wind and that is me on the end shotting. Shot my best that day shockingly enough.

150922-N-ZF498-407.jpg

That thing on the back of the rifle is supposed to go against your shoulder, not your ribcage.... :D

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, looks like a vacation!

Edit: Didn't meant to sound rude lol. Sorry for that. Just looks beautiful, I guess each branch has its upside/downfalls.

185210_1882165382384_6758645_n.jpg?oh=b6

This was my vacation time, on patrol lmao... what a day this was.

Edit: Didn't meant to sound rude lol. Sorry for that. Just looks beautiful, I guess each branch has its upside/downfalls.

Sleep number bed?

Damn I missed your signature as well... Kings. Ugh... Check out my 66 gallon thread to understand lol!

I don't even have to look. My ESP says since you're in Rancho Cucamonga you're a Quacks fan. Two is better than one :D.

Checked anyway... I was right. GKG!

Haha, born and raised. Played with the 89' Wave back in 04-06. Narch, etc... I miss playing. Though, 2 is better than 1 can't deny that. From an avid hockey fan for the sport, I respect the Kings, a lot of the 'fans' just give the organization a bad name. Adding Lucic is solid, he fits in with the Kings toughness. Ducks should've took it last season, but; shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't. Im just ready for the season to start... 14 days!

It's been over 8 years since making the decision to join such a force used to serve the United States of America. That's 8 anniversaries of remembering what tragic event happened only 14 years ago today... I could never have imagined becoming a part of something that had such an impact on that day in history. And with that I'm proud to be able to wake up every morning, put on the USN uniform, and do my part to help keep such a day from ever reoccurring.

sunrise_sunset-002.jpg

Amazing pic and awesome thread Gooburz! Thank you for your service, at also those others that have comment about being active and retired military as well. I have never served, but do work for a company that designs and builds all kinds of training devices that you guys use. Currently, working on a contract for the Navy to provide a training solution for the mission bays of the new LCS ships. Awesome to see some pictures like this of what its like on your side. Keep'em coming.

Yeah, I got sidetracked from playing about 5 years ago. One of these days I'm gonna start again. My favorite memory of playing was at Ponda and seeing Perry and Getzlaf on their way to the dressing room after our game. I was sporting my Kings jersey. They were giving me some serious evil glares... B)

All teams have their share of asshat fans, Anaheim included. Lucic with Kopi and Gaborik could turn out to be the best line in hockey if they click. I just hope our D pulls it together this year.

Oh not taken as an insult at all, I do love the days where the ocean is very calm and the water is just so Blue it is unreal. The heat has been murder though. And you are right all of our branches have our pros and cons when it comes to being deployed.

That thing on the back of the rifle is supposed to go against your shoulder, not your ribcage.... :D

LMAO, I was taking a break, don't let that fool you I am a very decent shot :)

The view from our Snorkeling area, found a sweet little place that served drinks and food so you can take a break in between your snorkeling trips out. Right when you got into the water there was a whole school of Schoal Tangs (spelling....) just grazing on the rocks in 3 feet of water, further I went out were larger Tangs and Angel fish galore.

Managed to find a pair of clowns with their eggs and an anemone and the pappa got pissed and rushed me and bit the crap out of my hands and arm haha (working on getting some pics from my buddy who had his GOPRO for the Snorkeling

20150917_130412.jpg

This was the view from this sweet Irish pub we found with Amazing Wifi that said "Welcome US Navy!" so naturally we had to check it out and between the great beers, food, & Wifi I was happy to just chill there my first night off the ship in over 40 days.

20150916_165517.jpg

Another beautiful evening Underway Replenishment (UNREP) but they didn't get any Red Bulls in stock!!!! I am what you call an addict when it comes to Red Bulls and I haven't had any in over a week and that makes me crazy. Lets just say my Jr sailors don't like me much right now and do their best to avoid me.

150923-N-ZF498-094.jpg

Not exactly your average cruise ship

Around%20the%20Ship%20002.jpg

Gun shoot with the 5 inch gun, who doesn't like a big boom!

150317-N-TP976-017.jpg

Our sister ship during some rough seas USS NORMANDY

150320-N-TP976-003.jpg

Mail call, was one of our better ones where we literally got a couple tons of mail.

150802-N-ZF498-028.jpg

That's all for today folks, I'll keep em coming, let me know if you guys have any requests and I'll try to get the photo!

LOL, we refurbished your 25mm cannons when you were at BAE about a year and a half ago!

LOL, we refurbished your 25mm cannons when you were at BAE about a year and a half ago!

NICE! Hey being that you are in VA and I'll assume close to Norfolk I heard there was a new LFS that opened up there called Aquariums Unlimited. PLEASE tell me how the place is, I saw them on FB and they looks awesome but looks can be deceiving and my hopes are up super high right now. Please tell me if they are legit and stocked well with fish/corals/equipment etc or if they are just sub par, be brutally honest with me.

Also the main place I've gone to in VA was Fish Safari and I've liked it for the most part but are there other places you'd recommend there? Wasn't there long before I had to deploy.

NICE! Hey being that you are in VA and I'll assume close to Norfolk I heard there was a new LFS that opened up there called Aquariums Unlimited. PLEASE tell me how the place is, I saw them on FB and they looks awesome but looks can be deceiving and my hopes are up super high right now. Please tell me if they are legit and stocked well with fish/corals/equipment etc or if they are just sub par, be brutally honest with me.

Also the main place I've gone to in VA was Fish Safari and I've liked it for the most part but are there other places you'd recommend there? Wasn't there long before I had to deploy.

I honestly could't tell you, I shop at ONLY the Reef Room. Dale and I have become good friends and he has hooked me up a LOT. Never worry about sick livestock or pests from him. I hadn't heard about the new store but maybe I'll go check it out this weekend.....you know, so I can let you know how good it is....not because I love fish stores. :D:lol:

I honestly could't tell you, I shop at ONLY the Reef Room. Dale and I have become good friends and he has hooked me up a LOT. Never worry about sick livestock or pests from him. I hadn't heard about the new store but maybe I'll go check it out this weekend.....you know, so I can let you know how good it is....not because I love fish stores. :D:lol:

I'll have to check out that place for sure when I get back into town then. Even though it's over the bridge I'll happily make a drive to a great fish store. Man I can't wait to be home, the wife is going to be so mad at me for going to all these fish stores hahaha. Thankfully she'll be working and I'll be off so I can spend all day without interruptions going to all these fish stores and take all the time I want :)

Oh and does Reef Room stock clams? I'm obsessed with getting a few clams in my tank and if he is half as good as you say he is I'm sure I'd buy one in a heartbeat

All this time and I haven't shown my tank really. Wife sent me a pic last night of the tank and how it is doing and I couldn't be happier that she has had it running with no issues for the past 7 months now! Lots of work to do when I get home with getting the 80 breeder monster up and running. So much to do once I return getting the stand built and sanded, sanded some more, stained.

Can't wait to get the build thread up for the Deep Blue 80 Breeder!

20150927_160509.jpg

All this time and I haven't shown my tank really. Wife sent me a pic last night of the tank and how it is doing and I couldn't be happier that she has had it running with no issues for the past 7 months now! Lots of work to do when I get home with getting the 80 breeder monster up and running. So much to do once I return getting the stand built and sanded, sanded some more, stained.

Can't wait to get the build thread up for the Deep Blue 80 Breeder!

20150927_160509.jpg

Maybe I hook you up with some frags when you get back!

Maybe I hook you up with some frags when you get back!

Dude I'm down with that, I'm going to be fragging off a bit of that Frogspawn and basically giving away 1 of the candy cane colonies so maybe I can trade you some of it? What do you have for coral you are looking to get rid/trade?

Oh, cool a chalk bass :) I've been thinking about getting a couple. How does it get along with the clown?

I love my Chalk Bass, one of my all time favorite fish. I had one for 2 years until my female clownfish started nesting and killed everything in the tank. She is now gone and got a new chalk bass who gets along with the clown just fine, they don't bother each other at all. Not sure what started the female rampage but she killed 4 fish in just under 8 hours, happened so fast I though something was wrong with my chemical levels and then I saw her literally grab the face of the Chalk Bass and just shred him.

I say go with one, they are super fun to watch. This one likes to swim circles around the power head for hours my wife has told me and then he will ride from one end of the tank to the other for hours on the power head current. Very cool to watch feed because he/she is lightning fast.

I love my Chalk Bass, one of my all time favorite fish. I had one for 2 years until my female clownfish started nesting and killed everything in the tank. She is now gone and got a new chalk bass who gets along with the clown just fine, they don't bother each other at all. Not sure what started the female rampage but she killed 4 fish in just under 8 hours, happened so fast I though something was wrong with my chemical levels and then I saw her literally grab the face of the Chalk Bass and just shred him.

I say go with one, they are super fun to watch. This one likes to swim circles around the power head for hours my wife has told me and then he will ride from one end of the tank to the other for hours on the power head current. Very cool to watch feed because he/she is lightning fast.

That's crazy about the clown going postal. She must have decided everything was her territory and her eggs needed protecting. What size was the tank?

The chalk bass are a possibility, but I have a flasher wrasse too and he's a punk. Thinks he owns the tank and he is wicked fast. I need to do some research to see if flasher wrasse/chalk bass would work together.

Plus I want to get a trio of barnacle blennies for the barnacle cluster I have, and that will put me at 7 fish. I would still consider doing a couple of chalk bass too for 9, but I have to get some other stuff squared away first (different skimmer is in the mail and I'm going to change some filtration stuff). Once that is all established I'll see how the bioload is and if I want to chance them. I really like their look and I think it would be a great mix of open water swimmers (flasher/chalk bass), bottom/perching (citron goby/blennies) and loungers (clowns haha).

Don't call me sir, I work for a living ;)

A Kings fan works? GTFO

Lucic with Kopi and Gaborik could turn out to be the best line in hockey if they click.

hahaha. Have you not seen Kessel, Crosby and Kunitz/Malkin yet? Those guys aren't going to be easy to stop.

Archived