ReefCleaners.org

Fluval Chi picoreef

nanoreeferpdx

What're the 3rd and 4th frag ? I know they're the same,but the colors are ridiculous !!!

I bought them as Halloween Lanterns; the colors are quite striking.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are sick. But as you may know,new page= new pics lol. What settings is your prime set at ?

Here's one more! Lol

BB81D2C7-0F1D-4505-A296-54134AD288CC_zps

For photos, the prime is set at: white 5% deep blue 100% red 25% green 10% blue 100% uv and purple 0%.

Aqua Immunination Prime. Not that it's my tank,but it's on the first page lol.

Thanks for answering for me ? Btw, I'm taking your advice and bumping the uv up higher! Hope I don't fry all the corals lol. It's at 50% now; will go to 75% next week.

I had to be that guy lol. Turn it down to 20-25%,violets are par monsters and will pale out zoa's really quick. Take my word on it,I've done it a few times lol. I'd pump it up 5-/+ percent a week until you find the percentage you like and corals respond well too.

Oh shoot!!! It's too late to turn it back down. They're all closed up and have stuff oozing out of them. ???. Goodbye zoa garden!

JK!!! Good to know lol! I have no patience, really need to adjust it more slowly ?

Hahahaha I was gonna say,wtf did you lol. I have some zoa's that were grown under about 700 par,they'll do fine just increase slowly. I've pushed the envelope a few times and patience is a vertue. Right now my zoa's are getting about 250-300 par and are loving life.

I do have one fish, a neon dottyback named Ursula I think she'll be the only fish for this tank.

Cool cool. Missed it in one of your pics. I would say that's the limit on that tank as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
nanoreeferpdx

Finally broke down and spent some money on an actual macro lens (Samsung nx 600mm). Here are a few shots with the new lens! Excuse the cloudy water; I just switched tank and the water hasn't cleared up completely.

2673B14D-01AA-49BF-8BAB-9BB465EBDE27_zps

522C8B86-4A39-48E2-A738-8BC522CBEE02_zps

ED334185-EA34-4BE8-9DF9-BBDED17D4EDC_zps

55408B64-451C-415D-BC60-37282605DE4B_zps

Awesome Chi ! Nice photos and nice corals too. Those yumas are large! The maxi nems you have there are also pretty nice looking. I picked up a maxi nem the other day but I picked up a cheap one that's a sort of blue color - turns out it doesn't look that great in my tank though - just gray like the rock it's on. It does have cool white dots on the outer tips though so it does have some cool qualities. I should have just spent a bit more though and gotten one very similar to the orange one you have there.

Archived