Coral Vue Hydros

Aqueon evolve 4g.

CrazyEyes

I decided thanks to yoshi's tank that I wanted to setup something small while I get my other tank up an running. It's nothing really fancy, an Aqueon Evolve 2 4g. Just using the stock light at the moment. It has about 2-3 lbs of sand, which actually might get taken out. The rock and water came from a friends 2 year old tank so its nice and established. He also gave me a couple ricordeas and a blue mushroom just to get it rolling. I am probably going to go with a bluer light. I'm not adding anything difficult, mushrooms, zoas and that's probably it. I am also thinking about adding some emerald crabs or pom pom crabs. It's still clearing up as its literally only been running for 3 hours. I'm going to do some reorganizing tomorrow with the coral and getting the sand off the rock. I wish they made lights in the $50-$100 range for picos as I really don't want to dump a ton of money into it. Anyways, here are a few pics for now. IMG_20150907_231818435_HDR_zpspgudxemh.j. IMG_20150907_231631978_HDR_zps24sx5gox.j

Awesome i love these little picos! I put emerald crabs in mine. ALSO they do make lights for PICOS!!!! under 50$ TOO!!!! Would you like a link for the lights?

20150903_2204241_zpsoy0mlbxa.jpg

How do you like the build quality on that tank btw?

this light was $27, it uses 3w led chips. 18 watts total.

over a 7gallon tank abut 12"x12"x20"

its 6500k, and also comes in 14k with 2 blue leds for marine tanks

it has been used for lps, sps, softies, with good results

there are tons if cheap lights for nano tanks for $50-$100

-taiwan bee tank/ bloody mary shrimp

Shrimp Life

post-89103-0-37462000-1441684102_thumb.jpg

The build quality is decent. The back wall is a tad flimsy at the top but not a concern. Haven't really dug into it too much. Might build a media basket out of eggcrate for the first compartment. Thanks shrimpzoo, what light is that? Hell yeah BRN, post a link.

https://www.ecoxotic.com/ecopico-parts.html You can build a custom light with a dimmer for CHEAP

get 3 EcoPico LED Strip, 12K White/453nm Blue

with a 3way spliter a power supply and a dimmer and you have a light

The top one shows 3 of the 12k and blues and the middle on is 2 blues one white

97179.jpg

I have a friend that uses the 3 12k and blues with a dimmer on his ecopico 5 gallon and he has good color.

i have a few of thoose eco picos actually.

one broke :(

its not really bright enough to grow lps or sps coral unless you have a few of them.

mine barley grew mushrooms but they do look nice.

Found aa clamp on led light made by wavepoint that looks like it'll do the job. I had my friend come over who works at the cable company, he installed a new modem so we rearranged my work space, moved the computer and moden in the desk, then moved the tank over to the desk, lovin it.IMG_20150908_215850088_zpsxphameam.jpg. IMG_20150908_215913634_zpsducj8ann.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's crazy how cool this little tank. I need to clean it tomorrow during a water change. Picked up some zoas today, 5 frags for $20, one which included an electric oompa loompa so that in itself is worth the money. Tank still looks dull because of the light. Not sure what kind this is but its going to look awesome when its fully opened.IMG_20150918_231137776_HDR_zpsfysfewjl.j. Then a FTS, will take tomorrow after I clean it.IMG_20150918_231110631_HDR_zpsynccd35u.j. Also, the tank is pretty crowded with asterina stars so I might pickup a harlequin shrimp

Picked up a Duncan coral yesterday. I like picking up free zoas that are just floating around tanks at the LFS. Still dirty because I'm lazy and football. IMG_20150920_201440866_HDR_zpsuw5lpuwb.j. IMG_20150920_201504049_HDR_zpsya3bbhnp.j. IMG_20150920_201514859_HDR_zps6uice0a6.j. IMG_20150920_201534130_HDR_zpshyemnrej.j. IMG_20150920_201546959_HDR_zpsjusom7fg.j. IMG_20150920_201623809_zpsasyjqm1g.jpg. IMG_20150920_201703080_zpsqts04djv.jpg

Picked up a Duncan coral yesterday. I like picking up free zoas that are just floating around tanks at the LFS. Still dirty because I'm lazy and football. . . . . . .

Looking good!

Funny thing is that before I saw this thread, I just ordered one of these as a frag tank to replace the 2.5 gallon Petmart one i have now! It was on sale at Petco for $51 and then I found an online coupon for $10 off and free shipping.

I have also just bought a used Skkye 18W LED light off the forum here and I'll be all set later this week.

I've thought about the skkye light, I also found a 14k par30 on eBay for $15 so I might take a $15 chance on that and see how it does. Interested to see how the skkye looks over it too.

Actually, just found a stock Cadlights 4g light for $20 local. Should work well.

Nice! My tank and the Skkye arrived today. Not going to work without some improvisation - the light head sticks out too far compared to the back wall. I have seen some people say the stock light will grow softies which is all I'm trying to do. Are you interested in selling your stock light? If the price is right I might try 2 of them over my tank - be easier than modding up something to use the Skkye.

$15+shipping and its yours

Just saw this. Thanks. In the end I made up a bracket for the Skkye using some acrylic I had lying around. Appreciate the offer. Tanks looking good! I'm just using mine for frags at the moment.

Awesome man. What issue did you have with using the skkye with this tank?

The light mounts to the rear wall of the tank but the length of the arm is geared up to the Nuvo 10 which is longer than the Evolve 4 so the light overhang the front of the tank.

I made an L bracket that sits about 5" behind the rear wall of the tank and puts the light in the right place.

A lot of people dislike this light but I like the color temperature and think it'll be fine for softies.

Boopy pics for now. Picked up a canary blenny. He might get a bit big in the future but, plenty of re homing options.IMG_20151004_150830793_zps2dctavmw.jpg.

Archived