SaltCritters.com

$.25 Frag Rack

HarryPotter

For a quarter you can make a really easy frag rack!

Use this for individual frags, a bunch of frags, or anything. Even acclimation, as you can slowly raise the frag up!

Suction cup with airline holder: $.10 at LFS

Small piece of egg crate: $.15

FE73A020-6866-400C-839B-CF5E274A88F6_zps

0DF6DEDF-D34C-42BD-B191-CC2418E2DEB3_zps

I'm not a huge fan of using suction cups. Over time they always start to go bad and some just aren't very good from the start. Wouldn't want to put much weight on that thing.

I'm not a huge fan of using suction cups. Over time they always start to go bad and some just aren't very good from the start. Wouldn't want to put much weight on that thing.

You could use 2 suction cups if you want

But I mean, come on, it's only $0.25. It's meant for just a few frags

righttirefire

Harry. I hate the airline holder. But, I use a similar system. I cut the egg crate and drill one side and buy suction cup hangers at michaels. Remove the metal hook and push the suction cup "nipple" into the hole I drilled. My torch has been on a rack like this for over 6 months without issue

Harry. I hate the airline holder. But, I use a similar system. I cut the egg crate and drill one side and buy suction cup hangers at michaels. Remove the metal hook and push the suction cup "nipple" into the hole I drilled. My torch has been on a rack like this for over 6 months without issue

Surprisingly the airline holder works quite well. It somehow "Locked" onto the egg crate, and after a quick squirt with some weld on is a single piece.

I just removed the entire rack from the suction cup by pulling out the airline holder, and did a dip. Then just push it back in; pretty easy!

Surprisingly the airline holder works quite well. It somehow "Locked" onto the egg crate, and after a quick squirt with some weld on is a single piece.

I just removed the entire rack from the suction cup by pulling out the airline holder, and did a dip. Then just push it back in; pretty easy!

Stolen idea .. I'm having it :)

Stolen idea .. I'm having it :)

I ordered a dozen suction cups w. airline holder on eBay for $.99 just now. Im thinking of making individual frag racks so I can adjust them how I like!

• 2 weeks later...

would the egg crate ever leak anything bad into the water after cutting it?

I hope not. I have a frag rack full of SPS made out of egg crate. I also have a layer of egg crate at the base of my display in order to get the rock off the bottom glass.

Archived