Pod Your Reef

Hypes Final Nano Bommie

Rehype

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See :lol:

22892074259_6277f31152_z.jpg

Wow! She looks like she's as much of a ham as my dwarf zebra. Such a stunning lion. I cannot believe the yellow on her! Absolutely beautiful fish!

And amazing photography too!

Wow! She looks like she's as much of a ham as my dwarf zebra. Such a stunning lion. I cannot believe the yellow on her! Absolutely beautiful fish!

And amazing photography too!

Thanks so much felicia she is such a ham and is always begging.. you can see it in her eyes :lol: I couldn't believe how yellow she was either :o all the other yellow dwarfs ive come across didnt have much yellow at all on their bodies... only on the pectoral fins and dorsal spines.

Thank you! :)

That would be so awesome to have a menagarie of lionfish. I cant wait to see that build :happy: Ive actually never heard of anyone successful of keeping both zebra and fuzzies in the same tank but I think if anyone could be successful it would be you. I tried it briefly once but the fuzzies were so aggressive towards the zebra I had to abandon the dream.

Thanks so much mipster I appreciate you following the builds! You know I had the same conundrum...deciding between a IM AIO and a sumped system. Im such a huge fan of refugiums and that ultimately swayed my decision as I wouldnt have been able to have my DSB and caulerpa clump for filtration. You could go with something like the cadlights versa and I know they deliver to cananda :)

You could totally keep a fuzzy with a clownfish especially if the clownfish is over 2". I actually had one with my clownfish for a short time on my previous tank until the clownfish carpet surfed.

I've never had a sumped system, the idea of plumbing is slightly worrisome for someone who has no clue how to do it! But at the same time i would love the flexibility I could have with a sumped system. I may have to go full on custom to get what I want.... my mind goes crazy with the possibilities... I just want it all really. Reading threads like yours cause such problems! Shame on you! haha

I must say, your Yellow fuzzy is probably the most stunning fish I have ever seen. How's she liking her new home? Are fuzzies jumpers or are they typically pretty good? I know you had all of the various lion fish in the zero edge which had no cover... Is it not a great idea to go topless with these guys?

Edit: I just had a thought and I was curious if it was doable or if I'm just crazy cause I can't tell sometimes! Say I got the IM lagoon and left in the overflows, the AIO sump but drilled the tank. So there would basically be a very large overflow box, I'd put the drain in the middle and have the return split into two lines in cabinet so that I could use both of the return holds in the overflow wall. I could even still use the media racks for chemical filtration if I so chose. Is this realistic or at all possible or would that just screw everything up?

Also, sorry for the hijack but I trust your opinion completely!

I've never had a sumped system, the idea of plumbing is slightly worrisome for someone who has no clue how to do it! But at the same time i would love the flexibility I could have with a sumped system. I may have to go full on custom to get what I want.... my mind goes crazy with the possibilities... I just want it all really. Reading threads like yours cause such problems! Shame on you! haha

I must say, your Yellow fuzzy is probably the most stunning fish I have ever seen. How's she liking her new home? Are fuzzies jumpers or are they typically pretty good? I know you had all of the various lion fish in the zero edge which had no cover... Is it not a great idea to go topless with these guys?

Edit: I just had a thought and I was curious if it was doable or if I'm just crazy cause I can't tell sometimes! Say I got the IM lagoon and left in the overflows, the AIO sump but drilled the tank. So there would basically be a very large overflow box, I'd put the drain in the middle and have the return split into two lines in cabinet so that I could use both of the return holds in the overflow wall. I could even still use the media racks for chemical filtration if I so chose. Is this realistic or at all possible or would that just screw everything up?

Also, sorry for the hijack but I trust your opinion completely!

Well theres plenty of options and its not too hard you just have to do your homework on whatever method you decide. Sump size,plumbing fittings, return pump etc all need to be considered. But talk to some of the custom guys on the forum such as smiz and they can definitely make the build of your dreams

Thanks so much shes is definitely special. So far shes doing well..im trying to get her to try and eat as many different foods as possible. They can definitely be jumpers so it isnt a good idea to go topless but I based it on the behavior of my fish at the time which is why I risked it on the zeroedge( I wouldnt recommend that method to other reefers) They dont actively swim at the top of the tank but aggressive feeding or tankmates could cause them to jump.

No worries on the hijack feel free to ask whatever youd like...You could totally do this which would be pretty cool and give you the best of both worlds. But like I said earlier you should reach out to the custom guys because they could take this vision and totally pimp it out to your specs.

Now I'm laughing thinking of her pleading, begging for food, OH GOD FEED ME! LOOK HOW SKINNY I AM! MY EYES ARE BULGING OUT OF MY HEAD!

LOL If only you could have seen how large her stomach already was in that pic...shes sooooo greedy

That dwarf lion with that much yellow is a rare find. Looks gorgeous and keep the pics coming. Are you going to add anther for company? :)

She sure is. Thanks man I couldn't believe it when I saw her up close. No I dont think so as shes the queen of this tank :D

Need a bigger picture.....

She must make such an incredible contrast in the tank. I love all things yellow, it looks amazing against the blue of the water.

She sure does. I do too which is why all the fish in qt have yellow as well :ninja::ninja::ninja::happy:

One more :P

23207773191_e879e0a07c_b.jpg

She sure is. Thanks man I couldn't believe it when I saw her up close. No I dont think so as shes the queen of this tank :D

She sure does. I do too which is why all the fish in qt have yellow as well :ninja::ninja::ninja::happy:

One more :P

23207773191_e879e0a07c_b.jpg

please....stop. i cry everytime you post a picture of this lion. Its sacred. id pay a ridiculous amount of money for a fish like this.

please....stop. i cry everytime you post a picture of this lion. Its sacred. id pay a ridiculous amount of money for a fish like this.

:lol: Thanks man. Shes definitely worth every penny.

So pleasing to the eyes!

Totally agree :happy:

:lol: Thanks man. Shes definitely worth every penny.

Totally agree :happy:

moar pictures cmon i come here everyday for my fix, i need my fix. where is she? :D

moar pictures cmon i come here everyday for my fix, i need my fix. where is she? :D

Im all out of pics :o:P

love your previous builds. glad i stumbled onto this thread. amazing pics

Thanks alot really appreciate it!

Ok found one more but this will be the last for a while :lol:

23355092505_d18240b88e_c.jpg

Ok found one more but this will be the last for a while :lol:

WHAAT?! Oh no, you promised us death by pictures. Like BRN said we need our daily fix of that face! :wub: keep em coming!

WHAAT?! Oh no, you promised us death by pictures. Like BRN said we need our daily fix of that face! :wub: keep em coming!

LOL I thought I accomplished that.. I dont think ive ever posted so many pics of the same subject :lol:

Hey everyone,

This is alittle out there but I just watched a documentary on Netflix (forsure on Canadian Netflix, I would assume on American Netfix too but I can't confirm that) called Oceans narrated by Pierce Brosnan that I think you all would enjoy. It has amazing shots of some of our favourite aquarium inhabitants and some of things we could never dream to put in our little ecosystems but are amazing to see.

If you guys check it out, I hope you enjoy.

Hey everyone,

This is alittle out there but I just watched a documentary on Netflix (forsure on Canadian Netflix, I would assume on American Netfix too but I can't confirm that) called Oceans narrated by Pierce Brosnan that I think you all would enjoy. It has amazing shots of some of our favourite aquarium inhabitants and some of things we could never dream to put in our little ecosystems but are amazing to see.

If you guys check it out, I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for sharing ill be sure to check it out :)

Archived