ReefCleaners.org

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

I'm off nr for a damn week and I miss like 400 things... I love this tank, I'm extremely jealous :D

Thanks Froggie :)

:o

Yep, kinda sad

Also, MACNA is less than a week away and I'm so excited!!! I want to meet you guys!

Next Wed I'll be moving this tank to it's more permanent location, so hopefully that goes well in time for MACNA

• Like 2

I think I forgot to post this Fun Algae Fact for you guys

Did you know an alga's growth pattern is also effected by flow (just like coral). I had this piece of Rhodymenia in very low flow, which resulted in long, skinny "blades". I moved it to a higher flow spot, and as you can see, it is starting to get its characteristic shape back.

IMG_9911.jpg

• Like 7

Nice! I'm going to grab a few pieces of macro to put in the front of my tank, they're in a tank at my lfs and they're dirt cheap... No idea what the name is but it looks cool :P

Nice! I'm going to grab a few pieces of macro to put in the front of my tank, they're in a tank at my lfs and they're dirt cheap... No idea what the name is but it looks cool :P

You can always PM me a pic

1:58am here. Just finished throwing everything in the tank. The move (across campus) was annoying but the tank and livestock are fine, and finally out of the box!! The corals and macros are mad at me for the low flow and minimal light the past 2.5 weeks, but they should recover. Some of the FW plants died off (or mostly died) but the bettas are doing fine. I have a super long day tomorrow, and then MACNA on Friday, so I might not post pics yet

• Like 4

it's this weekend? i forgot all about it. will have to seduce you and/or kat on a different occasion.

What? You're not at MACNA? Come on Nippy, you and El Fab should be there.

We are having a Nano-Reef meet on Saturday, poolside. Chris Marks is bringing t-shirts! omgomgomg

• Like 2

i mean you could hang out with a bunch of fish nerds or you can spend an all expense paid weekend in my basement apt. I know this is yoshii's thread and all but Im just saying. she can come too. I got enough pipettemans and labcoats for all your weirdest water quality fantasies

• Like 1

it's this weekend? i forgot all about it. will have to seduce you and/or kat on a different occasion.

Nippy, you are required to go!!

What? You're not at MACNA? Come on Nippy, you and El Fab should be there.

We are having a Nano-Reef meet on Saturday, poolside. Chris Marks is bringing t-shirts! omgomgomg

This! I mean even if you don't buy a ticket for MACNA you can still hang out

You want to keep Yoshii and I in the dungeon and conduct experiments on us? Hmmmm.

Hm. Can I bring my fish tank?
  • Like 3

MACNA!!!!!

I got off work a little early and made it just in time to catch the shuttles to the reception.

I park my car, and I see Sancho in the parking lot. Then I turn around to go to the elevator, and I see Felicia! And Felicia is with CM, Rich Ross, Sanjay, StevieT, Matt W, and other NR peeps.

I finally got to meet Kat in person, as well as Merth and Gena at the reception! It was really great to meet and chat with everyone. I was fangirling and got a picture with Sanjay :D

I'll be wearing my NR shirt CM gave me for at least most of the day tomorrow, so if you see me in the hall, come say hi! :)

I'm looking forward to catching some talks tomorrow and the NR meetup at night.

• Like 4

Daylight and PAR 38 LED

IMG_996722.jpg

Daylight Only (it looks a little extra yellow/warm in this pic than it is irl)

IMG_997022.jpg

I think I might want to get a second daylight bulb. The right side of the tank isn't getting as much light (why the macros don't look as bright)

As you can also see in this pic, the macros look better because I pulled the light down closer to the tank

IMG_998122.jpg

:o

:wub:

What the bleep is the white puffy gorgish thing?

LOOKS AWESOME!

You can color me sad for not being at MACNA and meeting everyone from N-R :tears:

But it looks like you had fun :D

I feel the same way! New Orleans next year!

This is my freezer right now: Hikari Mysis, V2O Soft-Freeze Zooplankton, Rod's Food :lol:

20160911_175404.jpg

:lol: The essentials! I love the soft freeze food.

• Like 1