inTank Media Baskets

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

OK guys, someone please find out where jbb_00 lives and give him a hug and thank you for me!! Cause he is the nicest person ever!

He's getting a new light for his pico, and is generous enough to give me his current AI Nano! :oomgomgomg

A million thank yous to you!! I will pay it forward in the future :flower:

ALSO, a big thank you to jedimasterben who offered me nano box strips!!

fish_thanks.jpg

Awesome, that's great! NR is the best reef community by far :)

• Like 1

Where are you living in SD, Yosh? I used to live at Regents and Genessee, brother and I walked through UCSD down the hill to go surfing at the pier. Lots of fond memories of the place...

Also...well deserved TOTM!

I'll be in the on-campus transfer apartments on the northwest side of UCSD

Thank you!

Awesome, that's great! NR is the best reef community by far :)

Definitely my fav reefer site :) Actually, I don't really go on other reef forums. Can't compete with NR :lol:

Nice! None of that was there when I lived in SD. Wanna try to get back for MACNA next year.

I'm really excited that MACNA is going to be in SD next year! I'm definitely going to go

• Like 2

Love me some SD .

Gonna try to hit MACNA fa sho next year, Dallas MACNA was a lot of fun.

I've never been to a MACNA, but I went to BAYMAC (the last year it happened :() and it really fun

I imagine MACNA is just a bunch times more crazy

• Like 1

I'm starting to miss my bigger tank, even though it's still sitting in my house :(

Such a pretty wrasse at my LFS! I want it.

IMG_8377.jpg

But it definitely won't fit in this tank, so I got sometime else instead :owned:

2015-09-01%2017.14.05_1.jpg

• Like 2

Yay! I hope it turns out cool :)

I'm getting saltwater today, and picking out rocks! I have one from my 55's sump I might use, but I still want to have another. I'll like to have 1 taller rock and 1 shorter rock

Where are you from?

Also, everytime I see your avatar, I always see it as part of a clam mantle, not a plant :lol:

I'm from OC but I'm in SD often enough, mostly around the Coronado or Oceanside area though.

And yeah, I've actually been told that before! My last avatar was of my pep shrimp but he died :( so I needed a new one. I can't really tell you why I chose a picture of a smiley grass cell though :P Even I can't explain my own reasoning sometimes

Just looked up six lined grouper. I had never heard of them, but it looks like an awesome fish!

Just a tad big for a pico though... :lol:

Yeah, they have slightly different coloration as juvis too. And are also technically a soapfish

I'll show you guys a picture in a min

damn a free AI? you lucky girl

Should look nice over this little tank. now that i realize it, i didnt know petco sold such decent looking AIOs

:lol: We have a great community here :) Thanks again to jbb_00!

Surprising, right! There's also the "Arc" 6.2g (or 6-point-something gallon)

I'm from OC but I'm in SD often enough, mostly around the Coronado or Oceanside area though.

And yeah, I've actually been told that before! My last avatar was of my pep shrimp but he died :( so I needed a new one. I can't really tell you why I chose a picture of a smiley grass cell though :P Even I can't explain my own reasoning sometimes

*needs to learn where those areas are*

I'm sure I'll have to start pruning soon enough once everything settles down

Well, either way, it looks cool!

Ok, so time for late night scaping!

I told myself I wouldn't get that many rocks....and then I ended up getting all these

20150904_204812.jpg

But I think I settled on a scape. What do you guys think?

I might move the left side forward a bit, we'll see

20150904_220930.jpg

20150904_220936.jpg

20150904_221010.jpg

Here he is the day we got him. Don't worry, he's not skinny anymore! In fact, I think he may have grown already

2015-09-04%2022.29.56.jpg

He likes to eat 2 pieces of mysis. Then he is very full. I'm working on getting him to switch to pellets

• Like 3

Wish I had known about these tanks a week ago. I just bought an acrylic AIO because it was a good price, but now I have to deal with fixing the scratches.

Scape needs more height imo...you should get some putty and gel and get creative. It's fun making weird shapes with rocks.

Wish I had known about these tanks a week ago. I just bought an acrylic AIO because it was a good price, but now I have to deal with fixing the scratches.

Scape needs more height imo...you should get some putty and gel and get creative. It's fun making weird shapes with rocks.

Can you return the one you just got?

I wanted to make it higher, but then I thought about the gorgs, they'll give me the height. I wanted to add another rock but had to resist because it would take up too much space

• Like 1

I cannot return it...was a need to sell I found off socalireefs. Needs a little work but it's a nice tank. I think it's bigger than this one by a few gallons though. Not even 100% sure what to do with it...probably freshwater.

what is the list of coral/algae you'll be bringing into this tank like?

jedimasterben

That fisk is that not a toxic fish that have toxic mucus and if threaten they can wipe out a tank or is that just a story on the internet?

It is a soapfish technically, so yes, that mucous can definitely take out tankmates. Happened to jbb_00 recently.

I cannot return it...was a need to sell I found off socalireefs. Needs a little work but it's a nice tank. I think it's bigger than this one by a few gallons though. Not even 100% sure what to do with it...probably freshwater.

what is the list of coral/algae you'll be bringing into this tank like?

If you do go salt, make a thread here :)

I'm not sure yet, I'll probably start taking out stuff from my 10g and 3g tomorrow

He is so tiny! :wub: what a cool addition to a tank.

He's definitely one of the smallest fish I've seen. But doesn't have the "difficult to feed" issue

That fisk is that not a toxic fish that have toxic mucus and if threaten they can wipe out a tank or is that just a story on the internet?

Yes, soapfish produce a toxic mucus when stressed or dead

Cute fish and nice scape! Are you going to add sand?

Yes, I just finished taking down my 55g today, so I'm going to add sand from there.

It is a soapfish technically, so yes, that mucous can definitely take out tankmates. Happened to jbb_00 recently.

Yep! Luckily he'll be the only fish in the tank, if that does happen

Was this little dude

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Awww :( What happened?

Awww :( What happened?

To be honest , I'm not exactly sure. Everything was great one day and dead the next . It happened around the same time as switching my salt mixing container so I'm not 100% sure if that had anything to do with it or not.

To be honest , I'm not exactly sure. Everything was great one day and dead the next . It happened around the same time as switching my salt mixing container so I'm not 100% sure if that had anything to do with it or not.

Hmm. Did any other fish die?