ReefCleaners.org

Well, here goes nothing....Anemone Tree

frootbat

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, had to take this tank down. I don't think the maxi-minis liked the flow of the tank, and there wasn't much I could do about it given the size of the ceramic structure (limited where I could point the return, pretty cramped).

The maxi-minis got traded to the lfs for credit, the ceramic piece is in the garbage (had to cut it apart to get the anemones off), and the two rock flowers are in a holding tank awaiting the imminent setup of my new Fluval M60. The JBJ 6 is going to be re-purposed as a ricordea tank :)

Sadly, had to take this tank down. I don't think the maxi-minis liked the flow of the tank, and there wasn't much I could do about it given the size of the ceramic structure (limited where I could point the return, pretty cramped).

What makes you say that you don't think the maxis liked the flow? As long as they're not literally being impaled by it, they're fine.

Well, I admit to not being a maxi-mini expert, but they all kept moving to an area of the tank opposite the return, and 3 tried to take the same spot, literally. The fourth climbed down to the floor in the back. Maybe it wasn't the flow, but there was something they didn't seem to like about the right half of the tank :(

The rock flowers showed no signs of anything being wrong, they never moved an inch and stayed open. Just my luck that one likes LPS pellets and the other doesn't :P

The maxi-minis got traded to the lfs for credit, the ceramic piece is in the garbage (had to cut it apart to get the anemones off), and the two rock flowers are in a holding tank awaiting the imminent setup of my new Fluval M60. The JBJ 6 is going to be re-purposed as a ricordea tank :)

Man, that's too bad. It looked like it could have been awesome. If you didn't break up the ceramic too much you might be able to bond it back together with something suitable like the Marco Rocks mortar? I guess if nobody tries these more creative approaches, we'd never learn.

Good luck with the Fluval - those are nice looking tanks. Are you planning on a media basket?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/365487-fluval-m-series-m-is-for-media-basket/

Well, I admit to not being a maxi-mini expert, but they all kept moving to an area of the tank opposite the return, and 3 tried to take the same spot, literally. The fourth climbed down to the floor in the back. Maybe it wasn't the flow, but there was something they didn't seem to like about the right half of the tank :(

Nah, they just move til they find their spot. I had over a dozen of them in various spots across a tank with very high flow, all added initially to the same rock, but they all decided to pack up and move until they found their new home. Should have given more time.

• 6 months later...

Hi. I really like that ceramic structure. Where did you get it? Do you recommend it? Why did you have to throw it away, it could not be cleaned and reused?

Hi. I really like that ceramic structure. Where did you get it? Do you recommend it? Why did you have to throw it away, it could not be cleaned and reused?

....he had to brake it up to get the nems off.

was it DIY or he bought it?

Not to sound like an ass.....but did you bother to read his posts? In the very first post of this thread he states what/who the pillar was sourced from.

In his last post he stated why he dumped it in the trash.

Not to sound like an ass.....but did you bother to read his posts? In the very first post of this thread he states what/who the pillar was sourced from.

In his last post he stated why he dumped it in the trash.

I did not, that's why I asked. Sounds like you never miss anything, the perfect jack...!

I don't understand people that come here to bully on others. This is supposed to be place to share about the hobby in a relaxed and friendly environment. I may have missed part of the info, but I made other questions that I have not seen answered in this thread.

Archived