Innovative Marine Aquariums

AC50 Overflowing using InTank Media Basket

cjrudy

I am running an AC50 with the InTank media basket on my 17g tank.

The media bascket has filter pad, chemi-pure bag on the bottom and purigen bag on the top.

The problem is the intake chamber of the AC keeps overflowing when its run on high, I can lower the water level by reducing the intake but that also reduces the turn over rate.

And the moment the filter pad gets a bit of gunk on it it's overflowing again.

Others must be experiencing this, any thoughts ?

This is normal, and expected. The media basket properly forces water in a single track through media. This puts back pressure on the incoming water and what can't go through your media setup properly exits out of the Hagen designed area around the intake tube.

It's the gunk creating that back pressure, plus the media bags but overall it means the basket it doing it's job. You can watch that and know when it's time to change your filter floss.

This is normal, and expected. The media basket properly forces water in a single track through media. This puts back pressure on the incoming water and what can't go through your media setup properly exits out of the Hagen designed area around the intake tube.

It's the gunk creating that back pressure, plus the media bags but overall it means the basket it doing it's job. You can watch that and know when it's time to change your filter floss.

Stevie,

have you ever put a ac50 impeller in an ac70 with the basket?

Stevie,

have you ever put a ac50 impeller in an ac70 with the basket?

Personally no. I could try it for you tomorrow though if you need we have this all set up live at MACNA. This is a common thing to do though to slow the flow in Aquaclears in the past, basket or custom application.

prob can't tell but there is an AC70 on the left, AC110 in the middle and AC50 on the right

20150903_193456.jpg

Personally no. I could try it for you tomorrow though if you need we have this all set up live at MACNA. This is a common thing to do though to slow the flow in Aquaclears in the past, basket or custom application.

prob can't tell but there is an AC70 on the left, AC110 in the middle and AC50 on the right

20150903_193456.jpg

yes please let me know what the results would be by changing the impeller

Archived