SaltCritters.com

Some feedback on this AWESOME piece...

Dreichler

So i bought this trachy today, and its honestly the most colorful piece of coral I've ever seen before, no doubt. But just a few questions. What kinda lighting would they prefer? I have an AI Prime over a JBJ 28. And how much flow? And feeding?

post-88706-0-65977800-1440882178_thumb.jpg

post-88706-0-91867800-1440882191_thumb.jpg

It should be fine under moderate to high lighting and medium flow. I'd probably just feed it some mysis (or other small meaty food) once a week. If your nearby BTA is doing fine, I expect the trachyphyllia should do so too.

It should be fine under moderate to high lighting and medium flow. I'd probably just feed it some mysis (or other small meaty food) once a week. If your nearby BTA is doing fine, I expect the trachyphyllia should do so too.

I feed all my other corals marine pellets, same as my fish, and they seem to love it, will it eat the same?

I'd think a thawed frozen mysis would be accepted/digested more readily. However, depending of the pellet size, it might be fine.

Very nice! Do NOT give it too much light or it will quickly bleach and take months and months to recover. I did that and still have a pale blob :(

Low flow (Not enough to indent the flesh) and low to medium light is key

Same as your Scoly. Would not use high lighting until acclimated, so it doesn't lose its color. Really no need to feed, but can feed mysis or brine when the tentacles are open (usually at night) if you'd like. Low to medium flow will suffice.

Jeeeezzzz usssss, markets inflated up here! Saw your from Florida. Great piece great price. Good size too.

Yeh thats a 350 piece here in Jersey.

well my really good friend has his own private coral business so i get the best prices you can find in any state... rasta zoas for $6 a head...

Same as your Scoly. Would not use high lighting until acclimated, so it doesn't lose its color. Really no need to feed, but can feed mysis or brine when the tentacles are open (usually at night) if you'd like. Low to medium flow will suffice.

well my scoly has been in the sand about a year, any reason or benefit to moving it up, and shouldn't it always be in a sand bed

well my scoly has been in the sand about a year, any reason or benefit to moving it up, and shouldn't it always be in a sand bed

Keep both on the sand, low flow and low/ moderate light like harry said.

Archived