inTank Media Baskets

Powerheads when lights off?

dragonxflare

dragonxflare

When your lights turn off, do any of you leave your power heads on? I have 2 MP10s in my 50 gallon, and was just wondering if when my lights go off, should I turn them off as well

Reefs are ussualy located on the surf break and water movement is chaotic and based on tides winds waves etc. I know there are controller for simulation perfect light cycles, i would like to build a controller using Arduino maybe to randomize powerheads, I have 2 on my tank and would love to have them turn off for a while, (simulating calm), then alternate the two and then turn on both of them at the same time al random during the day.

Do this will piss off the tank or make it better? Sea flow is constantly changing.

Reefs are ussualy located on the surf break and water movement is chaotic and based on tides winds waves etc. I know there are controller for simulation perfect light cycles, i would like to build a controller using Arduino maybe to randomize powerheads, I have 2 on my tank and would love to have them turn off for a while, (simulating calm), then alternate the two and then turn on both of them at the same time al random during the day.

Do this will piss off the tank or make it better? Sea flow is constantly changing.

Make it better, since it can get the detritus pockets out of the rock and sand.

You're basically describing a Vortech MP10 though ;)

(Also can get a JBJ ocean pulse for contort over two or more powerheads)

Also some of the wp pumps have a light sensor that turns down the power/speed when lights go out. Not sure how well it actually works, I've got wp10 and I believe it's a feature on the newer wp25's, but it's a good concept.

Archived