inTank Media Baskets

Jbj 45

jsnj2009

Just got my 2nd cracked jbj 45 from Drs. Foster and Smith. Can't they ship this thing any better? Packing is horrible! Just 2 styrofoam pices on all 4 corners of the tank. Feeling really frustrated.

I bought one from them a few months back and waited about a month for it to come off backorder. Amazingly it arrived in one piece. My stand however looked like it went through a war and was missing pieces. I was concerned about the tank since I had read many people having to get several before they got one not broken. Did they send yours in just the factory box or put that inside another box? Mine had the factory box inside another box reasonably protected. That said they ship from Wisconsin and I am in Illinois, so UPS didn't get a chance to do to much damage as I got it in 2 days.

I complained about my stand and when they sent the replacement it was packed extremely well. Tell them you want them to have the warehouse pack the next one with a lot more protection because you don't want to do it a 4th time. They should have done that the 2nd time, but they have handled things pretty well when I have complained to them.

Yes, I told them and they said they were going to put extra packing but when the tank came it only had extra packing on the top. The bottom only had styro on the corners. I also has the box in the box but that doesn't help much. You would think they would spend a couple dollars and put like a wooden frame on the bottom. Oh well, feeling real anxious to start my tank!

I got JBJ 45 RL shipped from Drs Fosters and Smith.

I am in Canada, so I was anxious, but somehow it got here in one piece.

Sorry about your back luck.

Perhaps get your money back and go the marine depot route.

Mine came in a box twice the tank size with literally packing peanuts filled to the top. The inside of the jbj box also had a crap ton of Styrofoam. Marinedepot for the win

Archived