inTank Media Baskets

The story begins.......

BayStYat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thnaks!

is there a technique for removing the dust residue from the inside the glass when starting a new tank?

Fingers? Or a small cleaner magnet :)

You could just wash it out

Thanks. It is actually on a gfci that has a backup battery system.

Ok. I just saw stuff plugged into the regular outlets and thought I'd throw that out there in case you didn't have it on GFCI.

Fingers? Or a small cleaner magnet :)

You could just wash it out

Thanks Harry,

I was talking about the dust from the new sand that settles. I ran my hand over everything so the filter can pick it up.

Ok. I just saw stuff plugged into the regular outlets and thought I'd throw that out there in case you didn't have it on GFCI.

ys sir, thanks for looking out

looks good what are the dimensions if i missed them :)

Thanks!

it is 30x12x12

Cool tank! your off to a great start. now the only hard part is the waiting ;)

Yes sir. Its been fun learning saltwater. I have a native fresh 75 gallon that I love.

I never thought of painting my tank. It's really cool looking. What about toxicity to the fish? Did you use a paintbrush? Right now I have clear back of tank.

I never thought of painting my tank. It's really cool looking. What about toxicity to the fish? Did you use a paintbrush? Right now I have clear back of tank.

the tank is painted on the exterior. Taped it off and sprayed it.

Any issue with using a glass top to cut down on evaporation?

The glass top will become white within two days from salt creep!

Edit:

Also increased temperature and less gas exchange.

If you don't like evaporation just buy an ATO

Looks like a great start. I like the color choice! and as for the cycle just let it do its thing. I am waiting on mine also and it stinks :)

As for painting the tank no issues at all. I had a Oceanic years ago that had the simulated wood grain :rolleyes: taped it all off and painted it black. Worked out great.

Archived