Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fishnuts Order #2

Neebles

I had a 10 dollar off my next order from Fishnuts.com, so I decided to use it and place another order.

I used it on Go Live special featuring a Green BTA with Skunk Clown. Basically got the whole order for 29 bucks shipped, which is a great deal in my opinion.

Anyway, I was nervous as we are in a bit of a cold spell here, weather dropping into the 40s and 50s at night. The box arrived packed well, just as the first time. However, I opened up the cooler and found an ice pack in there vs heat pack.. The package is coming from Texas where its hot so that makes sense. Not sure how they should handle shipping from warm to "unseasonably" cold areas...Anyway, needless to say I was a bit nervous. I reached in and found the first bag, the water felt a bit chilly as you can imagine. It was the BTA. Much to my surprise, the BTA was looking awesome, great color, pretty inflated. Pulled out the clown next and while he was a bit sluggish, he was looking no worse for wear. The water in both bags was definitely cooler than it should have been, but I guess since it was a slow process the fish and BTA were adjusting ok, however, had I not been there to receive the package or it got held up, it could have been a problem.

I acclimated them and tossed them into QT. I like to drip acclimate my fish. It was kind of funny, i dumped a bunch of the shipping water out before drip acclimating..Once I started the drip, the clown was actually staying directly under the drip. I suspect he was cold, and the drip was like a warm shower for him (who knows?). He stayed there for a good while before really swimming around the acclimation tank. By that evening the clown was already swimming around, not shy at all and in fact practically begging for food.

The BTA , like all my corals basically temp match, and drop (shame on me I know). Anyway, the BTA was fully inflated within 30 minutes of being placed into the tank. Over the course of the day, he walked about 2 inches from where he first attached.

So far, no sign of disease, everyone looks great. My first order from them is still doing well too, no sign of disease, eating well etc.

I know others have had bad experiences with them, which almost caused me not to order again, but I had the coupon, took the chance and so far couldn't be happier.

Time will tell how this second batch does, but if they continue to be as healthy as they are now, I will be ordering from fish nuts again.

Archived