ReefCleaners.org

SOLD OUT: Low Cost Temperature Controllers, $40 shipped *SOLD OUT*

ReefSafeSolutions

ReefSafeSolutions

That's the plan...as I've said a few times, we weren't expecting such an overwhelmingly positive response. If we do another run, vendor status is a top priority. Thanks for your concern.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two heater outlets would be good. Mounting bracket might be nice too. So far the controller really impress me. Trying to add another heater since the winter is coming.( Not game of throne winter, of course)

:D

• 1 month later...

Two heater outlets would be good. Mounting bracket might be nice too. So far the controller really impress me. Trying to add another heater since the winter is coming.( Not game of throne winter, of course)

:D

As long as you stay under the load rating you could just use a plug splitter to plug in 2 heaters.

Is this controller really that great ?....My tank is not running yet but I bought one when they was only 3 left...I guess I made a good choice in buying one .....

Is this controller really that great ?....My tank is not running yet but I bought one when they was only 3 left...I guess I made a good choice in buying one .....

You will never regret.

It's a safety thing... Your entire tank can crash in a matter of hours should your heater get stuck on. You would actually be amazed at how often just that happens. Kinda freaks you out when you realize that a crappy heater could bake your tank.

Most heaters have a very simple mechanical thermostat that's not particularly accurate or long lived - eventually it will fail.

Using an electronic controller makes the heater it much less likely to fail and screw up your tank. Plus you can look at the display more often, and this one actually sounds an alarm if it loses signal to the temp probe.

ReefSafeSolutions

New ones coming?

Yep! I've been spending the last month working out kinks. We're putting the controllers in slimmer boxes, and we've made the sensor probes now replaceable. I'll be applying for vendor status in the next couple of days, when I do I will post here and send out a newsletter, as well as include some pictures of the new version. All the functionality is the same, and the best news is, it looks like they will be selling for not much more than this last sale.

Stay tuned, I will be sure to keep everyone updated!

As long as you stay under the load rating you could just use a plug splitter to plug in 2 heaters.

Exactly. These controllers are able to handle up to 10 amps on each outlet...I believe most heaters draw 2.5-3 amps. You'll want to check the technical specs of your heater before trying to plug multiples into the heating outlet.

Awesome - wish I had seen this thread before. Subscribed to newsletter!

I would look at it this way - one of the main reasons people buy controllers such as the reefkeeper lite basic is controlling exactly what this does at a $120 price tag.

Yea the RKL has 4 power spots and as such can also control your lights and be upgraded for other probes.. but this is 1/3 the price for the piece of functionality one could argue every tank needs; temperature stability and heater malfunction insurance.

I've been using my controller on a new 3 gallon Spec tank on my desk and it works great. I actually like it better than my Ranco controller I normally use. I have it sitting right next to the tank and I like to watch the readout. It keeps the tank very stable within 0.3 C. Wish I had bought another.

IMG_3992_zpswxi1qnw5.jpg

I am sick and tired of having a lot of power plug-boards behind my aquarium. LOL, Currently using two heaters with power squid splitter. I like redundancy. Anyone using this controller with cobalt neotherms?

I am sick and tired of having a lot of power plug-boards behind my aquarium. LOL, Currently using two heaters with power squid splitter. I like redundancy. Anyone using this controller with cobalt neotherms?

I do. Neotherm set to 78, controller set to cut power to heater at 80 and fans start at 79.

ReefSafeSolutions

As some of you may have noticed, ReefSafe Solutions is now a sponsor! Which, obviously, means we are selling more controllers! Head on over to the ReefSafe Solutions forum to ask questions and get more information. (And yes, I'm a bit late in the update, but better late than never I suppose)

Check out www.reefsafesolutions.com for updated pricing and pictures!

ReefSafeSolutions

Well...not yet. But, we've managed to get the price of the controllers down to almost the same price as the last blowout sale! Hint: they cost $45.00 plus shipping, so it's almost like a constant sale, haha. We were hoping to have enough ready to run a Black Friday sale, but with family in town for Thanksgiving and a few hiccups here and there, we just couldn't make it happen. :(

Love my controller! Really boosted the stability of my tank... Instead of it going from 77-82 my tank stays 78-79.

Quick Tip:

A piece of heavy duty Velcro fastens this controller to my stand! Removable as well :)

AFC75EFB-D862-4404-970F-057BD5F03905_zps

Archived