Innovative Marine Aquariums

SOLD OUT: Low Cost Temperature Controllers, $40 shipped *SOLD OUT*

ReefSafeSolutions

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had mine up and running for a few days now. These things are awesome. It is nice being able to read the current temperature on a bigger display. It is worth its weight in gold when you consider the peace of mind it brings!

Are these still $40? The website lists $50.

I bought one of those thermostats but it only displays Celsius. I couldn't find a Fahrenheit one. Mine's still half assembled in my garage with wires hanging out of an ugly blue single gang box. It's been there since I said screw it and bought an Apex Jr. But I'd like one of these for my new 17 I'm putting together.

ReefSafeSolutions

Yeah if you want the deal PM me! Like I said in the first post, we are just trying to get rid of these controllers...they do a great job. I still can't believe how cool little fans keep our tanks during this stifling southern California heat wave.

Yeah if you want the deal PM me! Like I said in the first post, we are just trying to get rid of these controllers...they do a great job. I still can't believe how cool little fans keep our tanks during this stifling southern California heat wave.

How could one mount these? Are there any screw holes?

No screw holes, sorry...are you trying to mount it on a vertical wall?

A vertical wall OR under a horizontal surface. Maybe some 3m adhesive on the top... Hmm.

I'm planning on ordering it this weekend. Tired of temperature swings; need a fan to beat this Florida heat.

ReefSafeSolutions

I was going to link to the fan I use, but it's not available on Amazon anymore! Odd.

I think 3M adhesive would be a good call...you could also use some flexible strapping from home depot around the unit so that you wouldn't have to worry about the unit falling if the 3M adhesive failed.

Got my order today and it's working awesome, temp read accuracy is within 0.5F for me which is a big plus. I did a quick test by setting the temp to 81 and it switched the heater on, set it back to 80 and it's off again so working as expected. I found out that i've been running my tank at 81F (set my heater to 78F) all this time when i could've ran it cooler 79-80F, thanks to this unit!

ReefSafeSolutions

We're getting down to the wire, about 12 left. Anybody who wants one, don't be shy!

Also, to those who have a controller, and even those who haven't bought one yet, we put together a short survey. We're in the process of deciding if we can continue production and your feedback would be extremely helpful. For those of you who have a spare 2-3 minutes, we'd really appreciate it if you took this survey:

https://qtrial2013.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2mcTzS76KzoZn13

It's all anonymous, just some basic demographic data collection at the beginning and then some questions about the temperature controller itself and your tank setups. If we can get enough responses we'll be able to see if we can produce the units and get them out to everyone at a lower cost. So, many thanks if you fill out the survey!

Survey done, got mine hooked up yesterday, prior to having it I noticed in the morning my temp was often as low 76 and may have been dipping even lower in the middle of the night. This morning I looked and it was sitting at 77.9. So if you are thinking about buying one, do it. Its worth it!

Im sure this has been asked (sorry, didn't go through the whole thread again) but can it only do 1 heater and 1 chiller, or can it control 2 heaters?

Edit: I'm guessing with only the one probe, controlling two heaters would be difficult.

You mean two heaters at different temps? Yeah, you'd need two controllers if you don't get heaters with built-in thermostats and use the controller simply as a failsafe.

ReefSafeSolutions

If your system is huge and you need multiple heaters for one tank, this controller will handle that. Just be sure to not exceed 10 amps.

But as stated above, if you want to control two tanks, you'd need individual controllers per tank.

And since I'm here, just another plug for the survey. Any data we can gather will really help!

Archived