SaltCritters.com

SOLD OUT: Low Cost Temperature Controllers, $40 shipped *SOLD OUT*

ReefSafeSolutions

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReefSafeSolutions

Glad you guys are liking the controllers. I still have quite a few for anyone else on here who wants one!

Got mine in today, I will be testing it out in a mixing tank. Plugging in a heater and fan to it and then a spare heater to increase the temp past the 78 mark to make sure fan turns on and heater off.

I got mine today.I was too lazy to turn down my eheim heater which is placed in the fusion 20 middle compartment set to 83F. It was a hazzle to get the heater out.

ReefSafeSolutions

You may need to grab the sensor to heat it up to kick on the fan for testing purposes...it's been my experience that once the unit turns off the heater, the water won't warm up enough for the fan to activate unless your house is really hot (like mine...no AC!) They were all tested before shipping so it should all work, but double checking is always a good idea.

Bump for a great controller. I put together my own, but for the $40 bucks they are charging here.....well worth just buying it..

I've had mine running my tank for about 8 months now. [Knock on wood] No issue with the temp probe or wire. If memory serve me right, I thought my temp probe came un-attached and screwed into a terminals. If not, 10 seconds with a soldering iron and you could easily mount a new one on.

My testing works as advertised, Turned off heater at 78 and then fan tuned on when water got too hot (forgot the temp its set to)

Well worth the $40

Well during the testing with just the probe in the water. It has already saved my tank. Had a power outage, power came back on and my heater reset itself and began to cook the tank. I caught it when the tank hit 83F. I only noticed it because I had this unit monitoring the temp of the tank. Ordering 2 more. :)

Well during the testing with just the probe in the water. It has already saved my tank. Had a power outage, power came back on and my heater reset itself and began to cook the tank. I caught it when the tank hit 83F. I only noticed it because I had this unit monitoring the temp of the tank. Ordering 2 more. :)

What heater do you have that defaults to MAX when powered up?

+1.

And if this controller was working correctly, why did it allow the tank to get to that temperature? Isn't it the whole point it will shut off the heater at 79*?

If I understand correctly

They didn't have the heater plugged into the controller at that point , it was only being used to read temp .

They didn't have the heater plugged into the controller at that point , it was only being used to read temp .

Re-read and realized that right after I posted, and deleted the post haha.

What heater do you have that defaults to MAX when powered up?

It didn't used to. But I think it defaulted to an older setting that I had. I won't ever by one again. The brand was Via Aqua. It started as a good heater, but as it aged the temperature began to be off. My 200W heater is 8F off, while my 50W is 3F off..... I need to replace them ASAP,

Yep! That was exactly it. The heater was not plugged into the controller at this time. The controller was still being tested at the time, but it held the set temp even after the power outage while my heater went back to an older setting.

So far so good for me. Heater set at 83F. Controller set at 80F. The controller turn heater on at 79F and turn off at 81F. As the seller said it has one degree difference in F compare to 0.3 degree in Celcius. Also the temp is quite accurate out of the box. i dont even have to calibrate. Happy with purchase. Packaging come great. Only manual was lacking but a quick search on google for inkbird temp controller fix that.

ReefSafeSolutions

Shoot, did a manual not make it into your box?? Sorry about that...here's a link to the instructions we wrote up, since the Inkbird instructions can be somewhat difficult to understand (unless they've updated them):

http://reefsafesolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/TC1-Instructions.pdf

Again, sorry about that! I'd be happy to mail you some instructions if you'd like, just PM me.

It's ok. That's what google is for. Actually it was easy enough to understand without the manual. Changing it from C to F and setting correct temp took less than a minute. Do you think it would work with 220V AC?

ReefSafeSolutions

We still have about 25 units left, don't be shy...you're welcome to buy more than one for your tank and mixing stations, etc., send me a PM and I'll get an invoice sent!

ReefSafeSolutions

We still have about 20 controllers left! Plenty available for those who still want one (or two, or three...)!

My house doesn't have AC and it got to 86°F in the house yesterday...these controllers kept our tanks from getting over 81°F...it's amazing how well a fan can keep the tank cool. If you don't have a chiller or don't want to shell out big bucks for a chiller, these controllers will prove to be very useful.

Archived