Innovative Marine Aquariums

SOLD OUT: Low Cost Temperature Controllers, $40 shipped *SOLD OUT*

ReefSafeSolutions

ReefSafeSolutions

Hi everyone,

My dad and I built a bunch of temperature controllers, hoping to start a company in the reef tank industry, but things happen and change...long story short, we have about 45 controllers just sitting around, and since I don't have 45 tanks to maintain, I need them out of the house. They're really nice and very thought out, but the stars just didn't align on this one.

The goal here isn't to drive a business and advertise these things...I just need to get rid of these things. I'm hoping this isn't breaking any rules. We're actually selling them for less than cost, just so they're out of the house. They have heating and cooling capability...plug your heater into the heat outlet and your fan or chiller into the cool outlet. Super simple operation.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, feel free to reply here or PM me. And mods, if this is violating any rules, please let me know (but please be kind about it).

Thanks!

9/28/2015 UPDATE: SOLD OUT. Stay posted for more news though, as we are having lots of discussion regarding continuing with production.

Also, if you wouldn't mind filling out this survey (explained on page 3 a little bit):

https://qtrial2013.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2mcTzS76KzoZn13

We'd really appreciate it. Definitely seems to be a controller people like, and we'd love to keep producing them, so the feedback we get from you guys will help us make that decision. I really wasn't expecting this kind of response, so now we really need to rethink things!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

My dad and I built a bunch of temperature controllers, hoping to start a company in the reef tank industry, but things happen and change...long story short, we have about 45 controllers just sitting around, and since I don't have 45 tanks to maintain, I need them out of the house. They're really nice and very thought out, but the stars just didn't align on this one.

The goal here isn't to drive a business and advertise these things...I just need to get rid of these things. I'm hoping this isn't breaking any rules. We're actually selling them for less than cost, just so they're out of the house. They have heating and cooling capability...plug your heater into the heat outlet and your fan or chiller into the cool outlet. Super simple operation.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, feel free to reply here or PM me. And mods, if this is violating any rules, please let me know (but please be kind about it).

Thanks!

Any pics?

I assume it comes with a probe? Where can one get a replacement probe in the future?

Looks like a very nice product. I like the Heat/cool plugs.

rich

This is basically an Apex for just the heater and chiller. Good idea for people who don't want to spend $100+ for that feature. This thing has a place in the market for sure. There are tons of people who don't want all the Apex features and just want to control their heater or chiller.

ReefSafeSolutions

Yeah sorry about the pics, I totally forgot to add them:

TC1.png

TC1_Back.png

As you can see in the image, it's an Inkbird temp controller. We got permission to OEM them for this project from the manufacturer and they do a great job. Unfortunately yes, the temp probes are hard wired in. Depending on where it shorts out though, you could potentially wire in a new one outside of the controller.

Like I said, this isn't meant to be an advertisement, we are just trying to get rid of these things. I appreciate all the enthusiasm, and if later on we can make it work, we'd definitely like to keep it going. Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions. I'll get documentation up in a little bit for those who want it.

Bummer to hear that the business venture isn't working out as planned!

So I just wanted to add here that I've been running one of these for several months now and it's been rock solid. It really feels great knowing that the temperature in your tank has an added layer of redundancy and not just relying on the crappy thermostat in your heater to keep working.

It's easy to use, programmable, and well built - a truly "set it and forget it" piece of equipment. As others have said it fits the niche perfectly for those that don't want to spend significantly more for all the unused capabilities of an aquarium controller or whatever. And at $40 this is a total steal so buy one.

ReefSafeSolutions

Glad to hear it's working well with your system!

I should mention, if you do want to buy one, don't do it through the website, it's still listed at $75 or something like that. Unless you'd rather pay that price. But for this price PM me and we can work out the PayPal info.

Glad to hear it's working well with your system!

I should mention, if you do want to buy one, don't do it through the website, it's still listed at $75 or something like that. Unless you'd rather pay that price. But for this price PM me and we can work out the PayPal info.

I sent you a pm for one.

I was considering buying an Apex just for this feature..... Going to PM you. I like the $40 price better then the Apex price. B)

Considering I have a Heater that is...... 8F off........

ReefSafeSolutions

Still have quite a few, 6 have been claimed...plenty left for those interested.

Also, these come programmed in Celsius, but instructions are included for changing to Fahrenheit. Be advised that you will need to reprogram the set points if you change to Fahrenheit, and the Celsius mode does maintain a tighter range (0.5°F...in Fahrenheit mode, it will keep an accuracy of 1°F). Just an FYI.

Yeah sorry about the pics, I totally forgot to add them:

TC1.png

TC1_Back.png

As you can see in the image, it's an Inkbird temp controller. We got permission to OEM them for this project from the manufacturer and they do a great job. Unfortunately yes, the temp probes are hard wired in. Depending on where it shorts out though, you could potentially wire in a new one outside of the controller.

Like I said, this isn't meant to be an advertisement, we are just trying to get rid of these things. I appreciate all the enthusiasm, and if later on we can make it work, we'd definitely like to keep it going. Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions. I'll get documentation up in a little bit for those who want it.

I had built a similar using an STC controller and a project box from radio shack ... It worked pretty well.

Archived